Sign in to follow this  
bic

Project AI works

I wrote a vb script to put the PAI files into the CSL file. It seems to be working.However, when I am connected and change a/c in SB, it doesn't force an update on the other machine(s). In order to get it to change, the machine that changed the a/c needs to reconnect. Is this a bug or feature?Also, I'd like to have some beta testers. You will need to download all the PAI certified, including cargo textures. Contact me at scottbickford @ yahoo.com with your fs version.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi,>However, when I am connected and change a/c in SB, it doesn't force >an update on the other machine(s). In order to get it to change, the >machine that changed the a/c needs to reconnect. Is this a bug or >feature?This is a known issue. You will have to choose your aircraft before connecting or the above will happen.What about frame rate hit? If it's not too bad I would like to try it out...TGIF,

Check the file library for pai-sb.zip. I included the source file to generate the aircraft.cfg and csl file, so you can create your own files.:-jumpy

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Is it Possible for this to work with the Ultimate Traffic Aircraft With editing the CSL_ICAO file Would like any input if possible Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I don't see why not. You can generate it doing it a dir ut* /on >pai.txt, where ut* is a common dir for Ultimate Traffic just like PAI has common dirs for it's files. Or you can modify the pai.txt file yourself with the directories.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Ok Now I'm Lost I Tried editing the CSL_ICAO file as well as importing the files into the csl folder and editing the Aircraft file I've never ran a VB script so I think I'm missing a step here what's forcing the CSL file to recognize a specific Model & Livery IE.[fltsim.303]title=F1AI763*AC *AC *00sim=F1AI_763model= panel= sound=JET texture=AC AC 00Checklist=Squawkbox Aircraft "Common Shape Library" AircraftnDo not atempt to fly this aircraft, it has no accurate flight model and was designed purely to be "seen" as traffic in a Squawkbox online sessiondescription=Squawkbox Aircraft "Common Shape Library" AircraftnDo not atempt to fly this aircraft, it has no accurate flight model and was designed purely to be "seen" as traffic in a Squawkbox online sessionThen I'm editing row C in the CSL_ICAOwith the Title title=F1AI763*AC *AC *00I Know I'm a rookie at it but I know I can Figure it out with some Help

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

you really shouldn't need to edit the aircaft.cfg. if you do, then you will also have to edit the csl file. this can be a little painful and messy to try to edit manually. see below for how fs loads the texture (at least what i believe).From the top:1. open command prompt by:a. click on start, click on runb. if you have win2k/winnt/xp type cmd, if you have win95/98/me, type command.2. change into your flight sim drive. go int your flight sim aircraft directory: cd progr*microsoft gamesflight simulator 9aircraft.3. in windows explorer copy the pai.vbs to your flight sim 9aircraft directory.4. in your command prompt we need to output a directory listing of the aircraft you want in your csl file. a. type: dir /on/b pai* > pai.txt(explanation: The dir causes a directory listing to be done. /on is sort by name. pai* says to show me only pai sub directories. If UT has a common name like UT AA737 you would use UT*. /b is bare, no file information like date/time and size. > pai.txt outputs to the pai.txt file, which the vb script uses as input.)5. next we need to run pai.vbs. do this by typing in the command prompt pai.vbs. (explantion this will create a new aircraft.cfg in that directory and a new icao.csl file. you don't need to edit the aircraft.cfg file. it's really not recommended to try to edit the aircraft.cfg file. there's a lot of steps involved and then you have to try to create the csl entry, which can be confusing. the vbscript does it all for you ;). obviously, if you want to KEEP your aircraft.cfg you need to do some additional work and modify the vbscript to not overwrite it (See notes). most machines have cscript executable installed, which runs javascript and vbscript. if you can't run vbscript, you need to get it from microsoft.com.6. now open the icao.csl file in notepad. copy and paste it into your csl file in your squawkbox directory.7. you don't need to do anything with the aircraft.cfg in your aircraft directory. the csl file contains the texture names. this will then tell fs to look at it's aircraft.cfg for the texture, which it will then load.7. start up fs and enjoy.notes:say you all ready have an aircraft.cfg in your /aircraft directory and you want to add more textures to it. you can't do the above steps, because your aircraft.cfg gets overwritten every time. (i can see version 2 of my vbscript is coming). you need to do these things:1. backup your csl file in your squawkbox directory.2. backup your aircraft.cfg in your /aircraft directory3. look at the last fltsim. entry. note this number.4. edit the pai.vbs script where it has ivar=0. change this to the number noted in step 4.5. modify the line that says Set statsfile = filesys.CreateTextFile("aircraft.cfg") to be set statsfile = filesys.opentextfile("aircraft.cfg",8,false) (I haven't tested this, so I can't guarantee my coding is correct)6. do your dir /on/b pai* >pai.txt7. run the script8. copy the entries in csl into your csl file in your squawkbox dir9. double check your new aircraft.cfg has the proper number sequence.hope this helps

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Ok Got Most of the Way Done I can't remember how PAI listed there Files But UT Has Individual Files for Each AircraftIE All A320 in one File All 747 In One File You Get the Picture So I did a Wild Card and this came up AIA_737_200_WESTJETAIA_737_200_ZIPFlight One AI 100Flight One AI 146Flight One AI 310Flight One AI 319Flight One AI 320Flight One AI 321Flight One AI 330Flight One AI 340Flight One AI 707Flight One AI 72SFlight One AI 733Flight One AI 734Flight One AI 735Flight One AI 736Flight One AI 738Flight One AI 739Flight One AI 73GFlight One AI 73SFlight One AI 743Flight One AI 744Flight One AI 752Flight One AI 762Flight One AI 763Flight One AI 764Flight One AI 772Flight One AI 773Flight One AI AB3Flight One AI AT4Flight One AI AT7Flight One AI ATPFlight One AI BEHFlight One AI CRJFlight One AI D10Flight One AI DH1Flight One AI DH3Flight One AI DH4Flight One AI F50Flight One AI F70Flight One AI M11Flight One AI M80Flight One AI SF3Which I Believe are all my AI Now when I try to Initiate the PAI.VBSI get this http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48503.jpgAny Ideas ?Thanks For your Time on this BTW Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

line 11 is where it's looking for pai.txt. this should contain the directory listing of folders you want to process.you need to run a: dir /on/b UT > pai.txtto create pai.txt

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest AUS Steve

Scott,Explain the process for FS2002.I imagine it shouldn't differ too much, but I want no stone unturned...

It's the same as fs9. I updated and improved the documentation and improved procedure a couple days ago to reduce some steps for those that want to venture into creating their own.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hello guys...To bring this old topic online again :)...I'm trying to integrate PAI into SB, but to no avail.I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but what I'm trying is to use PAI models instead CSL original ones. Thus, I deleted CSL folder. Installed all PAI models and textures, created aircraft.cfg and new .csv file, replaced old models in csv file with some other model (pretty easy to do in excel), so far I see, done pretty much everything possible...and still, all I see in the FS is that all other aircraft are the same as I am.So please help!?!Btw. running the scrip causes the errro at line 21, char. 1. Maybe this is the cause? Though I don't believe cuz the .cfg and .csv file turn out pretty well...

>Hello guys...>>To bring this old topic online again :)...I'm trying to>integrate PAI into SB, but to no avail.>>I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but what I'm trying is to>use PAI models instead CSL original ones. Thus, I deleted CSLI would highly recommend not trying to do this. This is not what the script is for. It simply adds PAI textures into SB, leaving everything else intact.To do this, you would have to visit each aircraft.cfg file and update the title. A script could probably written to do this (hmm an idea perhaps?). (scratch that idea because there are multiple textures to one 737 in PAI, while SB has only one texture).>folder. Installed all PAI models and textures, created>aircraft.cfg and new .csv file, replaced old models in csv>file with some other model (pretty easy to do in excel), so>far I see, done pretty much everything possible...and still,>all I see in the FS is that all other aircraft are the same as>I am.>So please help!?!>>Btw. running the scrip causes the errro at line 21, char. 1.>Maybe this is the cause? Though I don't believe cuz the .cfg>and .csv file turn out pretty well...>If you are only going to be adding PAI, you don't need to run the script. You only run it if you want to bulk add other textures. This is a very common misconception. You should not delete the CSL folder. Otherwise you will reduce your recognition significantly (everyone else has this installed).

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I think you misunderstood what I ment. I did the following thing, which in my opinion should work:I installed PAI. Went OK.Then run the dir command, to make pai.txt. OK.Then the script, which gave me en error, but still two files were created which appeared pretty fine.Then I copied the lines from that csl fine into my original SB csl fine.And then, I took one livery from (I think it was 747 LOTR AZN LOTR) the pai aircraft in the modified CSL file, and "streched" it in the excel to replace all the csl aircraft. So, basically, if the new aircraft would work, the old ones should work too, or am I mistaken? It merely depends what the user on the other side has selected.I don't much care if it's really the right aircraft that is displayed for me or not, what I really don't want is those ugly mofo CSL models. And as I said, I wouldn't care if all of those models are only ONE livery from PAI aircraft.When I did that, and deleted CSL aircraft, only thing I could see in when online was my default cessna as everyone else :(I hope I described well my procedure, and hope you can help me in locating the error.Thanks very much!

>I think you misunderstood what I ment. I did the following>thing, which in my opinion should work:>>I installed PAI. Went OK.>Then run the dir command, to make pai.txt. OK.>Then the script, which gave me en error, but still two files>were created which appeared pretty fine.>Then I copied the lines from that csl fine into my original SB>csl fine.>And then, I took one livery from (I think it was 747 LOTR AZN>LOTR) the pai aircraft in the modified CSL file, and>"streched" u mean copy and pasted?>it in the excel to replace all the csl aircraft.>So, basically, if the new aircraft would work, the old ones>should work too, or am I mistaken? It merely depends what the>user on the other side has selected.>>I don't much care if it's really the right aircraft that is>displayed for me or not, what I really don't want is those>ugly mofo CSL models. And as I said, I wouldn't care if all of>those models are only ONE livery from PAI aircraft.>>When I did that, and deleted CSL aircraft, only thing I could>see in when online was my default cessna as everyone else :(>>I hope I described well my procedure, and hope you can help me>in locating the error.>>Thanks very much!>Don't use the PAI vb script. It's useless in this scenario. I believe this is what needs to be done:You must leave the ORIGINAL CSL titles intact. Do not change them. This is what makes recognition work. Take the title which I believe is column 3, (ex: ~B762) put it in the aircraft.cfg file title= section for the csl that you want to use. You will need to move the texture and aircraft.cfg files into your csl directory. I haven't looked at the layout and contents recently of the csl directory, but I remember it's something very different than what we expect. Obviously, you might want to do one or two and see if it works. Once it works, repeat process until you've done all 1,400 of them. disclaimer: I haven't tried this, so I cannot guarantee it will work or will blow up your system or make things worse.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060