Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wizard

CSL and CSL_ICAO Probs, questions!

Guest Wizard

I have the latest copy of SB installed. I connect to the server..no problems. I see myself on Whazzup..no problem. But when I go throught the connection process, I get a window warning that a file (I forget now) can not be located, also a window stating the CSL_ICAO can not be found and a/c will not show up!?. And yes, in the Flight Planner, there are no a/c in the drop down.I have insatlled CSL and CSL_ICAO in both FS9 and SB. If I look in the folders, they are there. But..Should they be installed e.g CSL in FS main or FS a/c? I have tried at least 4 different combinations, and have yet to see these a/c show up anywhere, even in the FS9 Select a/c. It seems to me I did not have this problem with other versions of SB and I add/removed these programs more than once and all a/c and other files etc ended up in the right place....So,does anyone want to explain to me where they have insatlled these files??Thanks a Bunch!!!MB

SB is looking for the csl file in the last directory you looked in using SB. Say I in SB I load a flight plan from my squawkboxflightplan directory. It's now going to look in the flightplan directory for the csl file.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Wizard

I am not exactly sure what you mean?But on a clean install of SB, the following happens on startup;- a message box -named- icao.dat- states- "critical error, could not locate file"? I look in the SB directory and it is there?- on flight plan--- ERROR..."You are missing the file...'csl_icao.csv, aircraft will not be shown properly" well sure enough, there are no a/c in the F/P dropdown. Also, even though I see the CSL file in the FS9 directory, I do not see any a/c in the FS9 a/c directory. Usually the csl files are found under the Default a/c in this dropdown menu.I am obviously missing/and/or misplacing some files?Could you show me where you put your CSL in FS9 ...FS9 main directory or FS 9 a/c directory? Also, where should the "csl_icas.csv" be found or located? In SB-FS9, or both?Should these files show up automatically on the install??All other functions work..SBR SBHost,Multiplayer, SB connect etc, etc,MB

woooo, now you've got multiple problems.It would probably best to reinstall SB and make sure to select the FS9 directory.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Wizard

Hi, Thanks bic..I found the prob...:) copied and pasted the file instead of extracting ( I should have extracted) to the destination?! Works fine!MBWZA

Guest Novair VA

It was a while since you posted this topic, but whatever =).I have the same problem. Both the ICAO.dat and the csl_icao.csv files cannot be found. However, I can see other a/c's. The lack of the csl_icao- file causes me great problems as I cannot select any other a/c than the default B737 when sending a flightplan.Could you tell me in detail how you did to make it work?Thanks,Alex