Sign in to follow this  

Grumman Goose Panel Project (again)

Guest danowat

Hi all,Just in case anyone is interested (dosen't seem to be much interest, judging by my last post), Here are the latest development shots of my panel for mike stones great goose.I have used the bitmaps from a FU3 package by Hennie van Rooyen, which incidently I have tried to E-mail to get permission from him but my mails get returned.Many of the gauges are made in XML.Dan.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Actually, very interested. Sent you private mail Friday (re: a packet of Goose panel photos) but can see you've been busy. :-lol That panel is lookin' really great. Hope you can get permission to use the .bmp (I, for one, would be very interested in a copy).

Guest danowat

Cheers CAP!! :).Did'nt recieve that mail mate, I am desparatly trying to get permission for the bitmaps, bloody well hope so !!! :).Thanks again.Dan.

Hi Dan,Don't worry about the lack of responses - sometimes that happens, it doesn't necessarily mean that no-one is interested. From the screenshots it is looking pretty good !!!Regards,G

I'm VERY interested in that one. Keep going and see what happens!Don

Guest bruno

Dan, That's a good looking panel project you're doing there, I'm sure all Goose flyers will be looking forward to trying it out. Keep up the good work.

Guest Joe

Looks great, Dan! Love the gauges and the interior views!Hope you saw the throttle and upper panel images I came up with in your previous post.I've been checking for a progress report from you everytime I come to AVSIM.Joe

Guest danowat

Hi All,Thanks for all of your kind words guys.I reckon that I should be finished next weekend (or so!), I have just got a few bits to do (throttle quad,switch gear,some more gauges).Also would you prefer to have some NAV gear on the panel, at the moment it has none.Maybe I'll do 2 versions stripped down for VFR, and one with NAV gear.I don't know, what are your thoughts.ThanksDan.

Hi Dan,Those internal views were made by Steve Hess, also at the FU3 community. You should obtain his permission and not mine as I only "borrowed" them with his permission.You can e-mail me at: hennie.van.rooyen@honeywell.comKeep well,Hennie

Yo Dan......It was acutally me how did the original bitmap backgrounds for the Flight Unlimlted 3 Goose project....Steve Hess only set up the instrumentation on the actual panel...I was also thinking about modifying these to go with Mikes brilliant Fs2k2 Goose.... Haven't got the spare time though....You are most welcome to use these Bitmaps as you see fit....I hope the Fs2k2 pilots get as much enjoyment out of them as the FU3 crowd apparently did.....Cheers//Tonni

Guest danowat

Hi Tonni,Thanks for the Heads-up, and letting me use these bitmaps.CHEERS!!!!!.know I now my work hasn't been in vain :)Thanks once again.Dan.

Guest Joe

Also would you prefer to have some NAV gear on the panel, at the moment it has none.Maybe I'll do 2 versions stripped down for VFR, and one with NAV gear.I don't know, what are your thoughts.[/i]"Dan,It looks to me that there is plenty of room on the existing panel for a couple of nav indicators....a VOR and an ADF. Just moving some of the flight instruments up and closer together would free up the needed space at the bottom.EDIT: That is unless the instrument mounting screws are a part of the bmp...hope not!Regards,,Joe

Hi Tonni,Nice to hear from you again. I apologize for the mistake - I KNOW you did the first Goose panels, but did not know you created the later ones also. You are talented indeed!Keep well,Hennie

Hi Hennie.....Just to clear this up...I made the original bitmaps... The original panel was set up by Erik Weber, at my request... Later Steve asked to use the bitmaps, and subsequently made a new panel view with several modifications to the forward view... The windshield stays, upper and lower panel outline, and the side (fore, side, aft) views are my originals, with the excpetion of the rear view which is a photo someone stuck in there...As I did the originals, and as 95% of the views are the same, I feel it is right for me to give the go ahead....I'd like to point out that the confusion about who actually did the views is because no one but Erik Weber has credited me with the originals...The only thing I'm really interested in all this is making sure that the Fs2k2 pilots can enjoy the new Goose with a set of internal views that at least in feel give a good representation of the old Goose....Cheers//TonniPS: When are we going to see some of your excellent work for Fs2k2, you did such a lot of great stuff for FU3.