Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ackroyd2

sbrelay failling to add player to FS9 session

Guest Ackroyd2

Hello,I use a simple dial-up connection/ modem for the Internet. While, a couple of weeks ago everything worked fine, suddenly FS9 refuses to see "sbrelay-FS2004" session, unless I am offline. Moreover, when FS9-sbrelay-Sq connection is achived (only offline) and then I connect to VATSIM (online), sbrelay displays error messages like:Added player '...' to FS2002 session.Error 0x80158510 Connecting to Host.This means that a player is added to FS2002 session, but not in FS2004 session, so I have no online visual traffic around me. I have checked DirectX dxdiag: no errors reported.Everybody else can see me (pilots/ controllers). I can see messages of type "squawkbox --> flight plan sent", I can communicate by voice and text with everybody else...but I feel blind. I have no firewall (not even that on XP SP1 enabled)Any ideas?Thank youLGIR/GREECE.

Guest Ackroyd2

I decided to do a DirectX (9.0b) test:Run-->DxDiag-->Network-->Test DirectPlayUser Name: sbrelayservice Provider: Direct8 TCP/IP Service ProviderTCP/IP Port: 23456Create New Session: sbrelayOFFLINE:---------------------------------------------------DxDiag DirectPlay chat window:Session created at IP address 127.0.0.1sbrelay has joined the session.Notes:No problems found.DirectPlay test results: All tests were successful.ONLINE:--------------------------------------------------------------------notes:No problems found.DirectPlay test results: The tests were cancelled before completing.(DxDiag DirectPlay chat window not appearing)When I use any TCP/IP port other than 23456 (for e.g. 24456, 80), I can create a sessionnormally. Why is that port not accessible online or not working? The problem is that sbrelayis only using port 23456. I can create or join a session in FS9 on any other port except 23456 ONLINE.

Guest nbl957

BUMP!!This is an interesting question. Any guru out there with any ideas on the matter?bf>I decided to do a DirectX (9.0b) test:>>Run-->DxDiag-->Network-->Test DirectPlay>User Name: sbrelay>service Provider: Direct8 TCP/IP Service Provider>TCP/IP Port: 23456>Create New Session: sbrelay>>OFFLINE:>--------------------------------------------------->>DxDiag DirectPlay chat window:>>Session created at IP address 127.0.0.1>sbrelay has joined the session.>>Notes:>>No problems found.>DirectPlay test results: All tests were successful.>>ONLINE:>-------------------------------------------------------------------->>notes:>>No problems found.>DirectPlay test results: The tests were cancelled before>completing.>(DxDiag DirectPlay chat window not appearing)>>>When I use any TCP/IP port other than 23456 (for e.g. 24456,>80), I can create a session>normally. Why is that port not accessible online or not>working? The problem is that sbrelay>is only using port 23456. I can create or join a session in>FS9 on any other port except 23456 ONLINE.

Guest ssc

You need to disable UPnP in XP.To do this go to start menu and click run. Write in services.msc and click OK.Then you should look for "Universal Plug and Play Device Host" in the list. When you've found it, doubleclick on it. Make sure that the service is not running. If it is click Stop. You should also change the Startup type to Disabled. After that click OK.You need to disable one more service and that is "SSDP Discovery Service". Follow the same procedure as above.This fixed my problem with "Error 0x80158510 Connecting to Host." and I have a Speedtouch ADSL router. No need to be offline anymore before you connect Squawkbox to SBRelay.

Guest odog1999

>You need to disable one more service and that is "SSDP>Discovery Service". Follow the same procedure as above.This is wierd... I succeeded yesterday in seeing other aircraft after disabling SSDP Discovery Service, yet when I try to connect today I'm still getting that darn "Error 0x80158510 Connecting to Host" even though SSDP and UnPNP services are disabled