Sign in to follow this  
Guest smcpheters

Squakbox giving mfc42.dll error

Guest smcpheters

Hi, When I try to use Squawkbox all I get is a error that has to do with something called mfc42.dll. I can run the host fine. I can find my multiplayer session ok. It is after I click join that I get the message. SBHost darkens for a moment, then a message comes up saying that squawkbox.exe has caused a problem in mfc42.dll and would I like to report the problem to Microsoft. Microsoft must be tired of hearing about this problem by now. Can anyone help?? I need it. I used to be able to connect before I upgraded to Win XP.

Guest nbl957

Often times this type of problem is the result of the wrong dll. Do a search on your hard drives for mfc42.dll.1. See how many arre actually on your system2. Are they different sizes or dates?3. If they are then swap the one in the system32 folder (make a backup first)Hope this helps, if not join the club as I too have a problem with SquawkBox crashing, different error from yours, and so far haven't been able to resolve it.All the bestbf