Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

199.998???

Guest tonyc

I took off from Boston on Tower frequency. Tower then asks me to switch to 133.0 for Departure. Yet the only frequency displayed was 199.998. What is this all about? The airport was busy , and here I was in the air without contact. I mentioned this to tower, and he swore that the frequency(133.0) was available. thanks.tony

Guest Mikey

It means the controller forgot to select "Primary Frequency" inside ASRC :)Mike

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest tonyc

thanks. How do I contact him to tell him this? My problem was that I could not contact this fellow, since I had no way of tuning this frequency.tony

Hello Tony,send him a private message via Squawkbox. The syntax for this command is:.msg where is the callsign of the station (either ATC or aircraft) and is the message you want to send. Also, the brackets "<>" I used here are just of optical reference, they are not part of the syntax.To sum it up, the mentioned message about PRIM FREQ shoudl look like this:.msg BOS_V_APP Hello sir, please set your primary frequency in ASRC using PRIM FREQ, thanks!Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg

Guest tonyc

Great. this explains it all. thanks.Tony