Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

CH Pedals Problem

Guest mcleadbeater

I have both a CH 3 lever yoke and the Pro pedals, all connected through a USB 4-port bus. The Yoke works fine but the pedals deflect slightly to one side. I have tried to dampt this out by re-calibrating and using FSUIPC, but I am concerned as to why this is happenning. Does anyone haev any suggesttions? Is it likely to be a problem with the Hardware or the software? Thanks in advanceM

How much is it off-center in FSUIPC ?What are the INPUT values for Full Left, Full Right and Center Rudder ?If you calibrated well in Windows Controller menu, its probably the pedals themselves. It uses a potmeter for rudder, which might not be exactly centered when pedals are centered. But that's why you have FSUIPC: so you can shift the center value a bit, by determining a small deadzone around the actual center.Rob

Guest Twister

Hi,Strangely enough, my rudder "falls asleep" every 10 minutes...I haven't altered the FSUIPC settings.Go figure...Twister

Are you using CH Control Manager?In my case that was the culprit for the rudder deflect .RgdsHam

Hamilton Müller

Guest Twister

No, I'm not using the CH Control Manager. I got FSUIPC installed though...might be the problem?Twister

I have had the same problem with the USB pedals ever since buying them 1 1/2 years ago and using them first with FS98 and now FS2002. FSUIPC helps with recalibration, but often recalibration only works with a total reboot of Windows.CH recently advised me to do a dozen things to fix this but I'd already tried a dozen things last year and mostly none of them worked. I still get totally random hardover left rudder from time to time regardless of the "fix" I've used or tried or intsalled or uninstalled.I think the pedal hardware design and/or software are inherently inclined to conflict with Windows.In short, I doubt there is a solution -- unless you have a lot of time and lotsa patience to experiment and even then, no guarantees.JS

Guest Twister

Hi all,Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your advice a great deal.I guess I'll have to experiment with different solutions.I'll keep you guys posted with the results.thanksTwister

Guest Twister

Hi Nitram,I followed your advice and disconnected the damned USB web camera.So far, it seems to be working !Thanks again for your guidance and advice - much appreciated !Twister

Guest PhilC

Just to let you guys know....I never had the deflection problem but I would always have to unplug my USB yoke and pedals and plug them back in after starting FS2002 to activate them. I have a self-powered hub but never used the power supply and always relied on internal power. After receiving a tip that referred to this, I plugged in the power supply and now the devices stay active.Cool!