Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

FS9 and multiplayer sight distance.

Guest sb55mv

Hi.In FS2k2, I could see other aircraft while flying online a significant distance away. In FS9, I can't see other aircraft unless they are practicaly on top of me,In the FS9.cfg file, within the section for Muliplayer, there are two possible lines that could be the one I need to tweek inorder to extend the 13 mile radius. The two lines are:max_segment_size=100ordistance-display=0anyone have any ideas here.thanksSteve.can anyone who knows the workings of SB tell me if there is a setting that can be altered to try and extend the visual range in which we see other aircraft while flying on-line with VATSIM please,thanksSteve

Guest dweese

Check on your SB menu under options make sure the MP rang is set to 40.No need to change anything in the FS9.cfg file.Other thing you can check is when you start FS, open your FS MP once FS9 has loaded up and you are in your cockpit at your start up airport. Do not start the FS MP from the main create your flight menu.

Guest sb55mv

thats the way I normaly do it Dave, from within the cockpit, I just wondered if there was a setting we could alter to increase the vis range of seeing other players in SB,thanksSteve.PS, yes I have it at 40nm in SB, but it is usualy only about 5/10nm I see others.