Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

FS9 and Squawkbox crash when switching window

Hi all,after staying away from flying online with FS9 for some months I started again a few days ago, but after a first flawless flight I started having a problem since the second flight and so far I could not get rid of the problem: what I have is a FS9 crash when, after joining the session and connecting with Squawkbox I try to switch back to full screen mode. The procedure I follow to connect is quite standard:Start SB relayStart FS9Start my flight at the apronJoin a network sessionSwitch to windowed modestart HostsbStart SquawkboxDo usual routine actions such as callsign, flight plan..etc..Connect SquawkboxChange COM1 to nearest ATC.So far so good and very straighforwardBut then I try to switch back to full screen mode and...it's gone ...!!FS9 and Squawkbox crash (the screen remain frozen).My PC is very weel tuned and tweaked for FS9..all the latest drivers are in...FS9 partition is totally defragmented...registry are kept constantly clean....everything is running smooth and fast...but I just can't fly online in full screen...which is very annoying indeed ..!!Anyone experiencing anything similar ?My specs:P4 g Ghz - 1G Ram - Radeon 9800 Pro 12b Mb - Abit IC7-G

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Guest SWA3510

Had the same problem, but intermittently, so was difficult to find a solution. This worked for me:1. Start SBrelay and minimize to taskbar--it is now an icon and is running; 2) Start FS9 (and this is where the difference was for me);I used to choose my AC type (PMDG737-7 and other items then Multiplayer Session). When I let the default Cessna be the choice before choosing Multiplayer Session, then setting up my A/C and choices AFTER choosing Multiplayer Session. It worked. Sometimes I did one way, sometimes the other. Guess I'm a bit dense not to have noticed that this may have made a difference. But if I follow that sequence, seems to be OK. Let me know if it works for you. I had written Microsoft about a problem with Dr.Watsom notifications on each FS9 closure which names the weather.dll and their answer and solutions were terrible. Totally screw up my system, took me hours to undo and ultimately had to restore.

Hi,thank you for your post. Actually your fix did not work for me. I also have an intermittant occurrence of the problem, so it is very difficult to troubleshoot. However, I have recently found out that the problem is not related to Squawkbox at all, since it occurs also if I try to switch the window mode immediately after joining a multiplayer session inside FS9, but prior to starting hostb and Squawkbox.If anyone has got a clue on how to fix this issue, he/she is more than welocome...!!Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Guest SWA3510

JacksonThanks for responding and sorry it didn't work. Actually it didn't work for me either. It was just that after three successful attempts I figured that was the solution and I wrote you. Alas, it was not. The problem has repeated itself intermittently since.I decided to contacted Microsoft, although I haven't been satisfied with their "help" in the past. They responded this AM. Their response was quite lengthy, with many steps included in their email to me. If there is some way I can contact you via email I would be happy to copy and paste their suggestion into an email and send to you. It is rather long and I don't know what the limits to this forums posting is (ie, how many total characters, etc.). K.

Guest bassman700

I have the same problem with Alt/Tab locking up FS2004. I tried using WideFS on a 2nd PC, stashing all the SB stuff there, leaving AVC Client and AVC Tuner on the FS PC. It works great until I switch to Full Screen mode. When it does lock, CPU useage shows FS2004 at 98%. ???? I see you use a Radeon card ... so do I ... I wonder if that is the cause?Specs: AMD Ath2500 Barton - 512Mb Ram - MSI K7N2