Sign in to follow this  
Guest mm48ross

Fl;ight plans

Guest mm48ross

I can't find anyone else that has this problem. When I load a flightplan I am unable to choose an aircraft other than the one that was chosen originally on squawkbox. I know that the line next to the TCAS box usually has the planes listed but when I bring up the box it is empty. I have removed squawkbox and downloaded twice to see if a new version might solve this problem but each time I do this the same problem arises and I can never show ATC what aircraft I am actually flying. HELP I download the flightplan using squawkbox as the prefered files from FSNAV. There is an arrow next to the window on the top line: when I hit this arrow a box opens that I assume are the aircraft to choose from but this box is empty.

Guest Caravan_208

Since no one else has replied for five days, let me ask a question.Are you selecting your aircraft in FSxx before trying to select an aircraft in SB and file a FP or are you filing the flight plan while FSxx is in the 'Create a Flight' or Select a Flight' menu?I don't know if this makes a difference but you might want to check.I haven't the slightest idea whether or not ATC know's the type I'm flying, but I've never had any problems in that area. I don't get any error messages except for the continuing "Pilot ID or Callsign doesn't match". I usually get that error message only with certain servers. I have no idea why as there doesn't seem to be any documentation on the error. And that is logging on to VATSIM servers only.There are either many bugs in SB, or the documentation is not thorough enough. I've been using it for three days now, and have asked qustions that no one seems to know the answers to or else no one visits these forums on a regular basis.I was a member here about two years ago and it was pretty much the same. It's a lot better flying IFR flight plans in the real world.Michael

Guest mm48ross

MichaelI normally create a flight plan with FSNAV and select the aircraft I want and print out the Flight Plan and then export via Squawkbox. When I go online with VATSIM and pullup a FLT plan to fly I am unable to specify what aircraft and its not the one that I filed when I saved the flight plan. My first aircraft was the MD80 and every time I file a flight plan ATC thinks I'am in the MD 80. When I print out the Flight Plan I can select via a drop down box any aircraft I want and the plan printed has that one one it however when I file with ATC the drop down box is blank and the original MD 80 is in a grayed area and I am unable to change for ATC. Mark

Guest rcritz

You cannot change types while you are connected. You need to set your type BEFORE you connect to the network. Use the "File Flight Plan" function to do so and then connect to the network. Alternatively, use the online prefiling function www.vatsim.net/fp (if you're using VATSIM) and you won't have to worry about it.

Guest rcritz

>I don't get any error messages except for the continuing>"Pilot ID or Callsign doesn't match". I usually get that error>message only with certain servers. I have no idea why as thereThat error is from AVC, not SB and it means exactly what it says. You must use exactly the same callsign to connect SB and AVC and it's up to you to insure that they match. It is not automated. They must match exactly with no extra spaces or anything like that in the callsigns.

Guest mm48ross

Thanks for the help. I'll try using the prefiling function and bypass the save flight on the FSNAV and exporting to squawkbox.