Sign in to follow this  
Guest Caravan_208

Two Questions About SB 2.3...

Guest Caravan_208

I'm a new user and have managed to get it working with FS2002, but I'm having a couple of problems.The first is that when the message window is open and I'm trying to type a reply to a controller and the controller transmits a message to me at the same time, or when someone joins or leaves a session, the message is cut off and disappears.I've checked the menu for the "ignore joins/leaves", but that has had no effect either checked or unchecked.The Chicago Center and STL Approach controller never heard of the problem and no one else seems to know anything about it either.The second is just a question.Is there any way to bring up the active frequency list for a server without having to minimize FS? Sometimes when I'm handed off to no one, I have to minimize and check the list to see if there is a controller to talk to that wasn't there before.I would sure appreciate some help with this first problem as I'm probably driving the contollers nuts having to repeat instruction frequently and it's not doing anything for my frustration level either.Thanks.

Guest Super 27

Hello,In response to your first issue, the problem is probably caused by the fact that in FS2002 whenever a new message appears the window doesn't scroll properly so your messages can appear to vanish. This should be fixed by a program available in the Avsim file library with the filename "fschatscroll16.zip". For your second question, if I'm understanding this correctly you want to have the SB window in your FS2002 window? That would let you pull up the active controllers right inside the same window with FS2002. Available from the VATSIM website under "Pilot Resources-->Pilot Software" is a program called "HostSB.dll" that should do what you want...Good Luck, Marc

Guest Caravan_208

Thank you for the reply Marc. I did try the first fix you suggested. As a matter of fact, it was included with the SB download. It did what it was supposed to do, but then FS started hanging up and crashing while using it.I'll check out the second suggestion right now. Thanks much.Michael