Sign in to follow this  
Guest RomeoMike

'Unable to Join Game'

Guest RomeoMike

Hi,Every time I try to start SB it searches for, and finds my session but when I click on join it take ages doing nothing and then a message appears stating 'Unable to Join Game'.I have windows XP Home, SBRelay, SB.I have been using the VATSIM PRC Manual and have installed everything as they have stated.If I press the cancel button then SB starts but I then cannot see anybody near me, even at a busy airport I can talk to them (AVC) and they can see me, but I can't see them!Any suggestionsThanksRuss

Guest fourjays

I have the exact same problem with mine at the moment. I have also checked all of my routers firewall ports (unless the ones required have changed), and have the XP firewall disabled. It is really quite annoying me, as it keeps crashing FS2002 aswell.It has taken me 3 days to actually manage to post in this forum, as it has been bust or something.

Guest RomeoMike

I have solved this problem but I still do not know what was causing it in the first place!I downloaded all the relevant software and re-installed it all, reading the instructions carefully!When I had finished I rebooted my PC and then started my multiplayer session with FS9. Worked first time!So I have finally got SB, SBRelay, HostSB and FS9 to work together.I

Guest MSR740

ME TOO i have the same problem i think it has something to do withrouters most of simmers that have the problem r using DSL connection

Guest stevekempf

The same thing has happened to me in the last couple weeks. I dont know exactly when it happened. At any rate, I run a el-cheapo Linksys router and I could connect fine prior to a couple weeks ago. I didnt change any settings.. Just one day I couldnt connect SB multiplayer to SBRelay. Lets keep this thread alive til we can figure it out.SteveKConfucious: Man who walk sideways though airport is going to Bangkok.

Yes, I use a linksys router too for my home network. (*gives the thread CPR to keep it alive*). I'm glad to see that someone has a similar problem like this (maybe not the exact same but sounds like it can be solved using the same magical method, whatever that might be).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Guest cmar

guys, disable in setup in DSL router "plug and play" function

Guest stevekempf

>guys, disable in setup in DSL router "plug and play">functionThanks alot ! I disabled UPnP and now it works fine.SteveK

Guest cmar

disable UpnP is not about computer configuration, but DSL modem config and depending on the model. See manual from your DSL router, or ask your provider.

Guest MSR740

i connect to the internet through another computer, that means thati dont have the router at my home can i disable this function from my computer or i have to call the person that have the routerTHANKS

Guest dswo

According to Russell Gilbert, the author SB Relay, you may need to disable UPnP in two places: in your router and in Windows. For Windows XP, "Go to the Windows Start button, and then Control Panel (or Settings / Control Panel). Then double-click "Administrative Tools", and then "Services". From the Services console, double-click the entry called "SSDP Discovery Service", press the Stop button to stop the service, and then set the "Startup type" to "Disabled". Then click OK to close the window. Then reboot your machine." http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/upnp.htmlThis did it for me.

Guest MSR740

This did it to me tooooooooooooi only diabled Upnp on my XP and it workedHope it work with u too