Sign in to follow this  
Donstim

Unable to join SBRelay session in FS2004

I am unable to find the SBRelay multiplayer session in FS2004 with ZoneAlarm 5.1.011.000 active. If I shut down ZoneAlarm, the session pops up in the FS multiplayer search box. I have given SBRelay, FS, DirectPlay Server, DirectPlay Helper, and Squawkbox server rights in ZoneAlarm. Even with program control turned off in ZoneAlarm, the SBRelay does not come up in the Join Multiplayer Session search box.I did not have this problem with earlier versions of ZoneAlarm (and prior to WinXP SP2).Don S.

Hi Martin,Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have since seen that many others have had the same problems with the latest versions of ZoneAlarm and SBRelay. Temporarily, I think I will just use the Microsoft XP firewall while flying online. That will give me some time to look into switching over to Kerio or, alternatively, maybe Zone Labs can fix the issue with ZoneAlarm.In the meantime, I suggest that everyone reading this help to spread the word that the current version of ZoneAlarm is incompatible with SBRelay.Don S.

Thanks, Mariano, but the Microsoft patch didn't fix the problem for me. Are you using ZoneAlarm? If so, which version?Regards,Don S.

Guest nicafly

Until recently I used ZoneAlarm Security Suite, later I switched to Norton Internet Security 2004, and the problem still existed until I installed WinXP SP2.Now I have a different problem, which is that SB loses its connection and all planes disappear.

Good news for ZoneAlarm users. The latest version (5.5.062.000) seems to have cured the problem with not being able to see the SBRelay session in FS2004.Don S.