Sign in to follow this  
Guest nhritchie

SB/Vatsim connection problems

Guest nhritchie

Hi,I have a slightly different kind of connection problem with VATSIMI am running FS2002, under Win 98 (SE)I hadn't flown on line for several months. In fact, I hadn'd flown on VATSIM since getting BroadbandNo problem setting up Multiplayer connection, SB Host or SB Main programme. SB has no problem locating Multiplayer sessionWhen I press connect, the connection seems to establish normally, after a few seconds the lines of blue type appear. But The "chime" doesn't come, like it used to.When I go to ATC directory, the only "facility within range" is Unicom. For a while I just thought there were no active controlers around. Then one day I went to the "Who's On Line" page at VATSIM, before connecting, then I set myself up at an airport with several controllers & pilots on line. Same problem - nothing showing - no ATC facilities except Unicom & no other aircraft. Returned to the "who's on line" page while still connected. I found that I was showing as on-line, but location was 00000000N, 0000000E. Its as if I am connected, but not being properly placed in the Vatsim system. Tried reinstalling SB, but no luck.Any ideas? Any help much appreciated....

Guest nhritchie

I think I have found the problem.....Disabled the Norton anti virus after trawling various posts & seeing that this is often a problem for SB connections... connected to VATSIM and found the local ATC facility showed up...I hope I have found the solution!