Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardH

Widefs problems viewing other aircraft.

Guest RichardH

Hi all,I have just started trying to set up Vatsim flying on two pc's linked via a network crossover cable and have an issue. I can get connected fine but I cannot see any of the other users aircrafts. I can actually hear their engines beside me but I cant phsically see them. They dont show up in FSnav either. I have registered versions of both widefs and fsuipc. Below is my setup.PC1 Server: FS2004, wideserver, FSUIPC, SBRelay, internet connectionPC2 Client: Squawkbox, AVC, Activesky, Servinfo, wideclientI have a copy of the CSL in the aircraft folder on the server machine and just to be sure i installed FS9 on the client and also made sure the CSL was in here too.The steps I use to connect are as follows.- dial up to internet on server.- open SBrelay on server- wait for SBrelay to finish loading then launch FS2004- Open multiplayer session and join the session that shows up here.- Create flight and load so that aircraft is parked at the gate.- Run wideclient.exe on client machine. The connection is made successfully on both machines and 1 connected shows on title bar.- I then run squawkbox on the client. I run through the connection steps as when i only had one system and it connects fine.- I show up on servinfo and at airports where i know there is traffic around me, i cant see them.Can anyone please give me any ideas?Thanks,Richard

Richard I had this problem a while back.Your setup looks much the same as mine, as does your start procedure with one exception. I start FS9 first the SB relay then do the connect multiplayer. I have also tried recently running SB relay on the server machine and it seems to be less problematic.I think I ended up doing a reinstall of SB. I only use the CSL file in FS9 and dont run FS9 on the client machine.Not sure if this will help but thats what I did to get round "the problem"Oh and have you got the latest version of FSUIPC and WIDEFS??Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!pogo.jpg

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Guest RichardH

Thanks Rob for your input. I think I may have solved it. I added WIDEFSVER=3 into the squawkbox.ini file and it seems to be working now. I made a few other changes at the same time so I am not certain this is what fixed it but it's working now so I am happy!!Regards,Richard

Hi,I have come across a very strange problem with my FS9 multiplayer set-up. I have been running this set up for quite a while without any problems whatsoever. I have checked all my setting and gone through the procedures dozens of times without success. I'm hoping that somebody here can give me some pointers as where to go now.Anyway my problem is as follows :I run a two PC set up with FS9/FSNav ( with FSUIPC 3.45 and WideFS 6.45 registered ) on one PC; and my client PC runs SBRelay/WideClient/AS2004.5/Squawkbox. My startup procedure is SBRelay, FS9, Start MP on FS9, Wideclient, AS2004, and Squawkbox.Now the problem is, regardsless of what I do I never "see" any MP aicrafts in FS9 or FSNav eventhough they are listed in the FS9 MP box! Squawkbox displays them, SBRelay displays them, and FS9 shows them in the MP chat box. I have no problems linking to the SBRelay service, all firewall stuff is turned off, each PC is communicating as it should.I have reinstalled FSUIPC, WideFS, SBRelay, and all my CSV files from scratch with no success. As I said in the beginning I have never had this problem before and it only started about a week ago.Any help will be greatfully recieved.Thanks,Dave

Guest RichardH

Hi Dave,Just one quick question first. Are you hosting the MP session or do you just join it on your FS9 PC? You need to make sure that you join the session.Richard

Hi Richard,Yes I am joining the SBRelay session, just as I have for over a year now. I can normally figure out any PC problems but this one has got me stumped.I am going through the WideFS documentation to see what has changed in the latest release. regards,Dave

Guest RichardH

The only real difference I can see between your set up and mine is that I run SBRelay on the host/FS9 PC instead of the client. I don't know if this matters or not though. But you have said that this configuration used to run fine for you before so I am stumped!Richard