Sign in to follow this  
bic

Win2K install

I installed SB 2.3 b5 on my laptop and am trying to use WideFS with it. WideFS is running fine. I load up sb host.exe, I then try to start SB, I get a message "Squawkbox is not properly installed. Please re-run the installer again."Any ideas?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Not very clear from your description how things are set up Scott so the following is absed on an assumption.If you are running SB on the laptop and it has the internet connection and you are running FS on another PC you don't need to run SBHost.Also there is a different setup procedure when using 2 computers which I think is explained in the SB docs. Basically you install SB V2.3.4 and not build 5, this is because Widefs 'pretends' to be FS98 and SB V2.3.4 expects FS98 whereas V2.3.5 expects FS2000.EDIT: Don't forget to add "WIDEFSVER=3" to the {SB} section of squwakbox.ini fileHTH