Sign in to follow this  
CXA001

Landing Gear w/ SB3 and AI Traffic

The AI aircraft when flying on Vatsim using SB3... well for lack of a better description, the aircraft looks like cardboard cut outs.I am in the process of redoing our VAs SB3 livery using mainly Project AI and AI Aardvark models and textures.In our testing so far, it is hard to tell which aircraft are AI and which is your own using Spot view in Flight Simulator 2004. Also there does not seem to be any significant reduction in frame rates.The only issue I am having is that when the AI aircraft are on the ground, there is no landing gear. The aircraft just float. :(I have done some research in various forms including the Squawkbox form and while the good folks at SB3 have acknowledge it is a know bug, that was entered in May 2005, there has been no indication when this may be resolved.Has anyone encountered this issue and found a work around? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,----------------------------------Marc J. Wheeler (ACD728)marc.wheeler@aircanadian.comCanadas Number 1 Virtual Airline!http://www.aircanadian.com

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

>The only issue I am having is that when the AI aircraft are on the>ground, there is no landing gear. The aircraft just float. Yes, this is correct. At the moment SB3 has no mechanism to control movable surfaces on AI aircraft. >The AI aircraft when flying on Vatsim using SB3... well for lack of a>better description, the aircraft looks like cardboard cut outs.These VIP3 aircraft are designed for a minimum hit on the performance. During initial beta tests we had a beta testers gathering at Toronto airport, and with over 40 different VIP3 aircraft I had no noticable performance drop at all. AI aircraft, especially when they more detailed, however may impose a performance drop when displayed in larger numbers. Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVATSIM Europe Division Director *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.orghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811874/957.png

We were orginally using the SB3 model set, however it really lacks a lot of detail and looks very boxy.In our tests so far, there has been no drop in performance or frame rates and the aircraft look much nicer. If we could only resolve the landing gear issue, until SB3 bug no. 59 is fixed.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1