Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bodrochowski

Slow Frames when using SB3

Guest Bodrochowski

I've spent ages recently trying to tweak my graphics settings to achieve higher frame rates, but realised recently, that when SB3 isn't running, the frames are pretty high and acceptable. So I've stopped tweaking graphics now, now I've realised that it's majorly SB3 causing the problem.A while back I'd somehow learnt that using ZoneAlarm firewall made SB3 run quicker than if I was using Sygate Firewall. So I've started using that.The frame rate is lower if there is at least one other aircraft in the session that I'm in, in range of me. I think the frame rate is as it is when SB3 is not on, when there are NO aircraft in range.Just wondered if anybody had any tips for making the frame rate identical to when SB3 isn't running.Cheers

Guest planeman223

I hear that man. My frames get cut in half when I run squakbox. My decision, screw squakbox. 90 percent of the time there is no tower etc. Its nice once in a while just to chat and have fun but for the most part I put on the walkman and hit the sky.Alex

Guest NormanB

Rather than blaming SB3, try running the exe version (from the windows start menu) rather than the one inside FS Modules.If it runs better then the issue is most likely your graphics driver.