Sign in to follow this  
Guest waxman8365

Latest SquawkBox

Guest waxman8365

Hi:Just loaded the latest squawbox - I get an error message "valid installation of FS not found". I do have a valid installation but its on the D drive and not the boot up drive. I have also run the no-CD patch (as I run everything from the HD.Any help appreciate. As an alternative I also downloaded and installed FSInn/FS CoPilot and I do not see the options in the Modules section of FS screen.? any hep on this appreciated.ThanksRomanth

It is a long time since I installed SB but IIRC it looks in the registry for the path to FS9. If you installed it to C: then moved the FS9 folder to D: the path in the registry will be wrong and SB won't find it.The FSInn options do not appear under the Modules menu item, they are under FSCopilot.Suggest you try the SB and FSInn web site forums for more expert help.

Guest waxman8365

Thanks for your reply-I did check the registry and even ran FSFDT toolbox, and FS4 Tools - both fix any registry error. Still cannot install. With regard to FS Co-pilot. I instralled Fs co-pilot first and then FsINN but Fs co-pilot does not appear as a toolbar option in the selections. All files were installed in the correct directories. Do I have to also do something with the *.cfg file?ThanksRomanthPS I did do a lot of searching in the respective forums without any clearcut solutions.

There should be no need to change anything in fs.cfg.Can't help much with SB as I run it on a second PC so what gets installed on the FS PC is slightly different to a 'single' install.For FSInn you should have FSCopilot.dll in fs9modules and you should have a folder elsewhere called FSFDT which contains all the elements of FSInn/FSCopilot.From the Start button -> program Files you should see the FSFDT group which contains shortcuts to FSInn and FSCopilot and FSInn UI should open the FSInn control panel.If you can't even get that far I can only suggest a reinstall, perhaps turning off any AV software that is running just while you install.

Guest waxman8365

Bingo - it all works. Apparently the FsCopilot.dll file was being installed and placed on my C drive under Microsoft games. I really do not ave files except the OS on the C drive. I just copied it over to the correct directory and it all works fine.Thanks for you help.Romanth

Hi Romanth,Can we use FSInn for the voice communication on VATSIM ?ThanksChristian