Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunstriker

Seeing others?

Guest sunstriker

HiBeen flying on Vatsim for a whileWhen I run a session I see other aircraft from time to time but I presume if they are not in the same session I will not see them, is this correct.Had some fun today, although no UK controllers up doing touch and goes at EGKK in PSS Airbus..a real blast, all flown manually.Flew over to Heathrow but although a couplke of guys were there on unicom I couldnt see them.Probably a silly questrion lolSun

Hi Sun,Silly questions don't exist, silly answers do, though I'm hoping not to give you one of those :-lolWith squawkbox you have to keep in mind it has two "ranges" one for the message range, I can't tell you how much that is maybe some techie knows, but who cares :-)The other range is you visual range, this one determines in wich range aircraft have to be to be seen by you, you can set this in the SB menu, a lower range gives better performance but less a/c you can see, a higher range vice versa.This explains why you can hear pilots while you cant see them, they aren't in your visual range, but are in your radio range.Hope this helps,Regards,http://home.wxs.nl/~visual/sig2.jpg

Guest sunstriker

OkI have telescopic vision though lolActually I think they are on unicom but not on same server eg UK server is that possible/or not in my session does that matter?Thx for your help Ill be over to virtual EHAM again soonbfnSun

Guest Stamatis

You should be seeing all aircraft within your specified range, completely regardless of the server they happen to be logged-in to.Stamatis

Hi Sun,Like stamatis already pointed out, it should be no problem when you are logged on to another server. There (very rarely) are sometimes so called server splits but that is really unusual to happen on VATSIM and I dont think one has occured recently.If they are within the specified range and no server problems occur you should be able to see them, try if you can see them on your TCAS screen. That is the screen that pops up when you press the "E" button on the lefttop corner of SB. You can set its range with the left and right mouse button.If you are sure they are in your range and you can't see them, ask one of them if they can see you.Well seeing you in Dutch airspace would be nice especially if everything works :-lolRegards,http://home.wxs.nl/~visual/sig2.jpg

Guest sunstriker

YepOK guys thx probably just my eyes lolWill be flying Wednesday 1000 EGCC to EGLLmaybe EHAM!SunBAW1235

For the SB TCAS, I think they'll appear in range of about 60-80 miles. But for the visual multiplayer range... it depends on what u set it to, mine is 40 miles.