Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Anybody purchased the LAGO Honolulu scenery

I'm curious about GMAX scenery and frames. I have a p4 1.9, ton of memory and a Ti 4200 card, and still have to turn the detail down to sparse for approaches into the highly detailed freeward airports I've installed in Long Beach, Santa Ana and at La Guardia. Otherwise it's pretty much a slide show for the final four or five miles. Thanks for any opinions. Colin

What Francois is getting at (in a more diplomatic manner than I will) is the simple fact that too many folks are expecting someone else to do the grunt work for them. And the trend is worsening. Why bother to read anything when you can just ask the same question that's already been answered five (or a hundred) times? The Lago PHNL discussion has been going on for a couple if days and it would have been hard to miss by even a casual reading of the active threads. Every forum has a search feature. And Google is hard to beat for everything else. I've been around these forums since the beginning and am among the guilty - yes, I've answered many questions which should never have been asked in the first place. But, speaking just for me, that's about to change. In the future I'm just going to refer to the appropriate search feature and let the lazy questioners sort things out for themselves. Apologies in advance to those who may see this as less than helpful. Trip

Don't know about the fps but the price is ridiculous. Consider for a moment the Eurowings project that will give you 3 beautiful aircraft/panels with months of careful testing by real pilots (how many man-years went into it ?) plus 6 airports for the total price of .. 2 Honolulu airports. Unless they come up with many more airports and start offering significant volume discounts on "basket" purchases I am definitely not interested. Michael J.

You know, having contributed my $50 and signed up for the conference, this response is not only less than helpful, but a tad insulting and patronizing. I will keep this in mind when its time to make my donation next year.

Guest daves0

Where is this Eurowings project??I've done google search and have found nothing---at least of what I could read

>You know, having contributed my $50 and signed up for the >conference, this response is not only less than helpful, but >a tad insulting and patronizing. I will keep this in mind >when its time to make my donation next year. LMAO! :-lol You tell 'em man! :)

Colin:In deference to your more sensitive emotions I would have to agree with the opinion voiced above about doing a bit of thread or archive research on your own. As was stated above the discussion about Lago's new scenery has been a very active one. They {Lago} have in the process of answering the threaded discussions described in great detail the strengths of the GMAX rendered product, and some of the limitations they imposed on its design in order to keep frame rates very high. Throughout the threads actual users have reported their own results, and have placed those results in perspective by discussing their particular systems in relation to the products performance.Though a valid question on your part, it reminds me of the repetition that occurs on busy approach frequencies [in the real world of flight]. Even though ATIS is broadcast, and controllers provide the essential details to any pilot that asks, too few pilots discipline themselves to the point that they will listen to what is already being provided to others, and only ask when clarification is needed, or a detail particular to their own flight has been omitted.Just my thoughts. Rick

Hi MichaelI'm with you on the pricing situation , seems there's no end to the insanity of many recent addon releases.Thanks for the link. Looks like a very good package. It's a little scary though that the site doesn't also support english language.Do you know this team and what might be their future plans regarding this language barrier ?SteveCYYZ

Colin, I emailed you a reply to your email.... in a very polite manner (well, that's my view ;-) ). But since you replied here as well, so will I: I'd like to point out that you are one of the first readers that seems to be 'insulted' by what I write. I am sorry for that.Having said that, be assured that anything I write is not and will not be influenced by any amount of money unless dumped on my personal bank account :-lolOn behalf of AVSIM, thanks for the donation, and I am sorry we will not be able to meet at the conference.Blue skies..... :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest gasebah

I am with you 100%. There are more than enough threads about this topic. We have questions here that are asked over and over again. It is the same thing that I am bored to hack in endless explanations on "How to setup two monitors. C thread from yesterday and the day before, and the day before....Also it gets very hard this way to find your way around in the forum. It is a lot better if the whole information can be found in one or two threads rather than in pieces splattered over 15 threads. So this has absolutely nothing to do with impolitness. It is common sense, nothing less.Alex

>>I'm with you on the pricing situation I am all for them making a few bucks but charging $20 for a single airport borders on rip-off as far as I am concerned. And I thought that Simflyers were pretty bad ....>Do you know this team and what might be their future plans >regarding this language barrier ? Look at their forum. About 25% of posts there are in English. You ask them a question in English - they will reply in English. I think they said that once this thing is released it will be a bilingual site. BTW the release is imminent, they said they are cutting the master in 2 weeks.Michael J.

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my question. Your time and effort is appreciated. Colin