Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Tonite at KBOS!

Guest Lobaeux4

Just finished flying into Boston as BAW461. Took off from Montreal, just after the whole Montreal fly-in was finishing, too bad I missed it, filed to KJFK, but when I was up and passed to Bos Ctr, I noticed Boston was alive with all positions filled. Quickly asked Bos Ctr if I could refile, and fly to KBOS. Now, first off, I'm a pilot with my instrument and commercial ratings, so I know how centers, approaches, towers and ground are supposed to operate. In real life, ATC is a little grumpy, not very forgiving to pilots who don't have their stuff together, and very professional. Not a knock against these guys operating boston's airspace at all. For newbies, this would have been a great night to flyin Boston. That flight was about as real as it could get. One pilot didn't have his necessary pubs, he was reminded (in a very professional fashion) to not accept a clearance if he couldn't fly it. No rudeness at all, don't misunderstand, but center was very firm. I could have sworn he is a real life controller. Center, very professional, approach was very good, he overshot me for the ILS, but quickly gave me an intercept heading, tower and ground were great. If I see Boston full up again, I've got to go fly there. I'm not sure how often the controllers get atta-boys or thank-yous, but these guys were a class act. Kudos to Boston, this hobby just keeps getting better and better.LobaeuxBAW461

Agree!I have flown to and from KBOS a few times and most (if not all) stations were manned AND on Voice! (Not knocking the text controllers, but I have a hard time typin and flyin...:))Every time the controllers have been professional and right-on with thier commands!It is a pleasure to fly in and out of KBOS with the ATC in that area, and I will specifically plan a flight there if I see that they are up. :)Regards,Steve Dra(I hope to get to the California Screamin event, I need to get some West coast flying under my belt) :) Practicing dep+app procedures at LAX, SAN, LAS, etc. off line now. ;)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I have got to give those guys in BOS a try. I fly routes usually from east to west to LAX. You guys can rest assured that those guys working LAX Center and SOCAL are on top of the game. They are all mostly on voice and up every night as well (that's why I frequent them). There is always a lot of traffic in LAX Center even on weekenights which is awesome. You all will not be disappointed.

Eric 

Guest Lobaeux4

Flying the California Screaming right now, LA ctr seems to be just as good as Bos ctr. Very impressed by the controllers on VATSIM.LobaeuxBAW461