Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Why does ServInfo etc crash when the network is still g

This seems to happen every weekend when traffic picks up - why do ServInfo, Whazzup etc stop working, but the VATSIM network still functions normally? I can log on and fly or control and everything appears fine, but the utils won't update and then try to load data that's sometimes more than 24hrs old.RyanZAB

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No answer but I would like to know the same answer to that question. Yaking into account that the majority of us fly at weekends and this is when we need this info, why does it seem that the servers cannot cope with the info. Unfortunatly the answer will probably not come from the VATSIM guys as both programs are third party.MilesWatching Concorde going over my house on its way to JFK. Still the sexiest aircraft around.

Martin,you are partly correct here. The data feed comes from a server at areacom.it maintained by Roberto and it is also sent to some mirror servers (at vatsim.net and projectmagenta) to split the load. But the AUTODATA is another thing. All it does is getting just your ATIS at regular intervals to add it to the data feed, because the normal "data collection" procedure cannot have access to ATIS messages.About the outages, I don't know what's causing them, but at least I'm happy that most of the time they are fixed quite soon. And anyway I am sure that people at the VATSIM network are doing their best about it - as they always do.Michael Frantzeskakis

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael Frantzeskakis,I have recenlty seen some outages were it states that the data is 12+ hours old.

Eric