Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New file here at AVSIM a must have when using VATSIM!!

A new file by Pete Dowson was released today called AI Bridge 1.0. With this you willl no longer need to use the SB TCAS while flying online. With this file and the just released version 2.87 of FSUIPC, you can see MULTIPLAYER aircraft from the TCAS built INTO your panel. The Dreamfleet 737, Wiclo767, All PSS aircraft have the TCAS built into there panel so that you would be able to see the AI planes on them if you were using them. Thanks to Pete, he found a way for the multiplayer aircraft to be shown on it instead of the AI when using multiplayer. No more having that big docked TCAS of SB sitting over the top of your panel. Enjoy. It will make using VATSIM just that much better.

Eric 

tcas-panel.zip in FS2002 panels in the library here should help.

Eric, This is something I'm used to with the PMDG planes in Fly!II and I was very much looking forward to finding it for MSFS2K2 too.However I haven't been able to get this to work since I still only see ai aircraft on the tcas. I did exactly as it says in the readme file and I see the client entering the multiplayer session, but still no go.Was there something you did except for what the readme file said?ThanksKrister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Stamatis

Eric,"...since I still only see ai aircraft on the tcas"If you still see AI aircraft it means that you have not successfully created a Multiplayer session. By default, when a Multiplayer session is created, all AI traffic disappears.Stamatis

Stamatis,thanks for your reply. I was flying normally online on Vatsim when I noticed the planes on the TCAS. I asked the controller and he affirmed no other online planes were in my vincinity... So it looked like I had ai planes although I clearly was flyin online! Very strange!Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Stamatis

Ah! The "ghost" planes! Yes, this was a bug with the initial version, I had it too and reported it to Enrico. I believe it has been corrected since. Have you downloaded the latest vesrions?Stamatis

Getting it pronto! :)Thanks for your swift answer!KristerFinland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Tim W

No matter what I do I cannot get AIBRIDGE to work. I followed the instructions, logging on to Multiplayer as "FS2002", when I start up AIBRIDGE and it searches for my multiplayer session, I keep getting a message "Unable to find FS2002"Don't know what I'm doing wrong.TimEHAM

Will this work with all aircraft? Such as my virtual airlines planes? (www.flygma.com) They use the King Air panel. Also, would love to use this in my Cessna Amphib. Can I find it under AVSIM file library?Thanks!Doug Harrington.RIWS

Gotta turn off all ATC settings aswell. . . and reduce the number of traffic down to 0 to get rid of ALL AI traffic. I was also getting those pesky / newbie AI pilots poping up on my DF TCAS. Problem solved :) And that was, yes, getting those pop ups when in a MP session.regards

I downloaded it and entered "Squawkbox" in the player name box. Did I do something wrong? Once in VATSIM I see 2 Squawkbox's under the chat window and no TCAS anywhere. Where do I find the TCAS? I looked under modules and its not in my panel. It launched because when I close the multiplayer session it says "The program will now close".ThanksDouglas HarringtonRIWS

Douglas,AIbridge doesn't add a TCAS display. You have to use an airplane that is already equipped with a TCAS - like DF737, PIC or PSS Airbus.What AI then does is to show you planes online on VATSIM on the existing display.I have no problems at all and use it with DF737. Mind you that you have to have the distance on the display set to no more than 40 nm and that TCAS will only show planes within a certain height above or below you (can't remember the figures).Also, as Josh said, you have to set the ai traffic to none - otherwise you'll have a lot of ghost aircrafts on the TCAS.Hope this helps,Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Douglas, >>AIbridge doesn't add a TCAS display. You have to use an >airplane that is already equipped with a TCAS - like DF737, >PIC or PSS Airbus. The new DASH8-300 by Oleksiy Frolov has a working TCAS - an extrememly realistic panel and it is FREEWARE.Barry