Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New file here at AVSIM a must have when using VATSIM!!

Guest PhilipManwaring

Hey Barry - I'ma fellow fan of the Frolov Dash 8 - how do you get the TCAS display? I didn't know it functioned.Thanks,Philip

When you turn the Transponder on , this turns on the TCAS . I have not actually used it myself as I have been flying lately with no ATC -- but also lately , I have been flying a little online - but so far , not with this aircraft. I do believe that the TCAS works - but would need the Airbridge AI programme to be able to use it within a Vatsim world.Barry

Guest PhilipManwaring

Thanks - I'll give it a try.

Guest ielchitz

Don't quote me on this one but I think I remember reading in the manual that this TCAS was a "dummy" TCAS.When you turn it on you get 1-2 targets on it by default - I do not think it is functional.Doing this from memory since I only flew that Dash8 two times - it's amazing but had a tough time reading the panel. This is the TCAS that is built into the VSI right?Anyhow - if it DOES function properly, you will definetly need AI Bridge for it to work on VATSIM. Ian Elchitz CYWG

My sentiments exactly Ian. I tried it a few nights ago w/ my DF734 panel. And I was getting more targets on the TCAS than I had in my MP list. So, Who knows?JH

HiThere is a problem with DF TCAS he was developed for AI traffic. What happens is this:When you first start FS you have AI traffic enabled and the targets will go to the TCAS. Then when you go into a multiplayer session the AI targets stay there they aren't cleanned from the TCAS. I can't do nothing about it.There are problems also with traffic in the ground it is picked up by AIBridge and since the DF tcas doesn't filter them they are there. I think both problems don't exist on PSS.Jos

>Hi >>There is a problem with DF TCAS he was developed for AI >traffic. What happens is this: >>When you first start FS you have AI traffic enabled and the >targets will go to the TCAS. Then when you go into a >multiplayer session the AI targets stay there they aren't >cleanned from the TCAS. I can't do nothing about it. >>There are problems also with traffic in the ground it is >picked up by AIBridge and since the DF tcas doesn't filter >them they are there. I think both problems don't exist on >PSS. >>Jos

Guest ilh

That's unnecessary because as soon as you start a multiplayer session all AI traffic vanishes.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Lee,if I don't reduce the amount of AI aircrafts to zero I will have a lot of ghost airplanes showing up on the tcas when flying on VATSIM.So I start the sim, get rid of the AI, start multiplayer, Squawkbox, log in to Vatsim and finally run aibridge. Works all the time for me.Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

That's odd that your getting ghosts. Like poster, ilh, my AI traffic is auto-disabled when I start multiplayer.When you begin multiplayer, are you HOSTING? Just taking a shot in the dark-- try to save you some steps.

Guest Stamatis

By default, when starting a Multiplayer session AI Traffic disappears. You don't have to set the ATC slider to 0% manually.Stamatis