Sign in to follow this  
BobP

What is the proper order for starting AIbridge?

Hi!I had a brief flight on VATSIM but AIbridge disconnected. Local (real) thunderstorms forced me to end the flight.Is the order?1. establish multiplayer2. sbhost3. AIbridge?4. squawkboxThanks....BobP :)

Guest ielchitz

I have not had a problem with the following:FS2K2MultiplayerSBConnectAiBridgeI start AI bridge after I connect only because I keep forgetiing about it. I have also started it right after my MP session and have had no issues with it.Thanks again to the people responsible for putting this together.Ian ElchitzZLA ARTCC

Guest Stamatis

I believe the order sould be:1. Start FS2. Start a multiplayer session in FS3. Start AIBridge 4. Load hostSB5. Start SBStamatis

I start AIBridge last as well. Here a important point to remember, you will see less aircraft on your TCAS when using the one built into your ND of your aircraft panel when using AIBridge then you see on the SB TCAS. This is because the one on your ND that is used through AIBridge works as the do in real life by showing only aircraft 2500' below and 2500' above your aircraft within 40nm. The one in SB shows aircraft and any altitude within 40nm.

Eric 

Guest Stamatis

I have also noticed that AIBridge shuts down when you disconnect from the online service, even if your FS2002 Multiplayer session is still running.This contradicts the included documentation, this is why I mention it.According to the docs, AIBridge will shut down only when your MP session is over, which is not the case.Stamatis

>I have also noticed that AIBridge shuts down when you >disconnect from the online service, even if your FS2002 >Multiplayer session is still running. >>This contradicts the included documentation, this is why I >mention it. >According to the docs, AIBridge will shut down only >when your MP session is over, which is not the case. >>Stamatis My AIBridge autoshuts as soon as I close my MP Session.It pops up a window on which I click "OK"Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gif

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest Stamatis

I see this window too.But doesn't AIBridge autoshut a minute or so after you disconnect from Vatsim, even if your MP session inside FS2002 is still running?Stamatis

No. Aibridge will shutdown when you don't have a multiplayer host session. It doesn't gather the info directly from the network but from the multiplayer session.Jos

Guest Stamatis

That's what I thought Josi, but in my case it shuts down several seconds after I have disconnected from my Squawkbox session, and definitely while my FS2002 Multiplayer session is still running.Not a real problem for me, just strange.Stamatis