Sign in to follow this  
mfrantz

New ServInfo version

A new ServInfo version (1.31) was released today, that will allow you to take ServInfo with you in the cockpit when you fly online!Available from the ServInfo site:http://avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/Hope you find it useful,Michael FrantzeskakisNew in this version:ServInfo gauge:A ServInfo gauge is introduced that can be installed on any aircraft's panel (an installation program is also provided).The gauge will list ATC within range and selected ATC positions and it will also allow you to easily switch to ATC RW channels and COM1 frequenciesOther:At flight details and ICAO finder windows the airline logos act as hyperlinks to virtual airlines websites (thanks to Andres Falcon and the LanVirtual staff that compiled this info for me)Short TAF reports (up to 12 hrs) can also be retrieved from NOAAPilots logged time is shown at Flight Details windowOther minor changes and the usual database updating

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Anyone get it to work with WideFS yet. No luck so far on my end. I selected the options that I'm running RW and SI on the second computer.

Dan,Normally it SHOULD work. I do not have a LAN/WideFS configuration myself but some of my beta testrs have and they all reported no problems. In what sense is it not working for you?Have you checked the "enable communication with the gauge" option in the ServInfo gauge settings?Michael>Anyone get it to work with WideFS yet. No luck so far on my >end. I selected the options that I'm running RW and SI on >the second computer.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

I have it working now. The only problem I see for us WideFS users is. When I have my primary computer shutdown (FS2002 system) and I want to run ServInfo, I get an error because it's looking for the guage on Primary computer. Also when I run ServInfo with all my computers on I get an error message every single time. I have to wait a few and it goes away, then SI starts.

When your primary computer is not working you should change the gauge settings in ServInfo to disable gauge communication, so that you will not get any error messages. But since this has to be done from within ServInfo I guess you will be getting at least one error message when you launch ServInfo. I'll see if I can do something about it (maybe an option to confirm LAN/WideFS/gauge settings on ServInfo startup?)In the second case you mention (all computers running) what kind of error message do you get?Michael>I have it working now. The only problem I see for us WideFS >users is. When I have my primary computer shutdown (FS2002 >system) and I want to run ServInfo, I get an error because >it's looking for the guage on Primary computer. Also when I >run ServInfo with all my computers on I get an error message >every single time. I have to wait a few and it goes away, >then SI starts.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg