Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

two monitors?

Guest B52Drivr

Hi all,Perhaps I was not paying attention, however, with a Ti4600 I believe you can run two monitors . . .if that is so, can I perhaps get one to handle flight sim as usual and the second perhaps to run GPS window or some other window in FS? And if so? how do I do this?Just give me the basics and leed me to the right info, would be appreciated.Thanks in advanceClay

Guest gasebah

Clay,pls do me a favor and do a quick search. The thing has been covered yesterday. And the day before. And the day befor....Cheers,Alex

Clay,<>1. Open the GPS window or any other window you wish to show on screen2.2. Right-click on that window and select Undock.3. Drag the undocked window to a position on the second screen.FS2002 will remember the position of open undocked windows so if you exit FS2002 and restart with the same aircraft the window positions will be "remembered".Frame rate hits are negligible.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest B52Drivr

Ok guys, I get a DVI to VGA plug . . .I'll hunt for one of those. Next, I do what you suggested for the above? Now, does this include Wide FS and do I need it? or will windows just do that by itself? Sorry for sounding so stupid, but don't want to muck it up. Thanks in advanceClay

Guest B52Drivr

Ok, I can see the hookup, and have studied theNView...seems simple enough.....the BIG question is...Where can I get this DVI to VGA conversion plug or hookup? I've searched everywhere I can and have come up blank. You can e mail me if you care.Thanks,ClayB52Drivr@aol.com

Windows supports multiple monitors - 98, XP home and XP professional. Once you are hooked up, go to your control panel and you should see two monitors under the "Settings Page." Your primary monitor is 1, the secondary 2. Click on extend your desktop to the secondary monitor and you should be good to go. When flying, undock windows with a right mouse click and move them over to the second monitor. I run off of two monitors, though using a PCI video card for the secondary (Ti 4200 AGP as the primary). This is a good way to fly. Developers like FSD have put all the stuff you need to click in secondary windows (radio stacks, throttle quadrants etc, panel switches) so you can place them on the second monitor while you fly in VC. DF and PIC also allow you to undock your FMC to do the same thing - so it doesn't obscure any vital instruments. Good luck - this should be pretty straight forward. Colin cwr737@yahoo.com

Guest B52Drivr

Thanks Guys!I'm on a roll! And, the adaptor I needed for the GeForceTi4600 is made by Network tech, in Ohio. WWW.NETWORKTECHINC.COM . it runs 12bucks and will allow the Ti to use two monitors.Thanks to all that answered . . . I've been wanting to do this for some time.Best to all,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

If I have a LCD flat screen connected to to digital connection, then all I need is a CRT to connected to the other and I am ready to roll. Is this correct?

Yep, that's about it. You will need to get into the desktop properties to extend the desktop to the 2nd monitor. A couple of clicks and you will be on your way....Rick

Or output outside view to your main monitior and put gauges on a 19" tv set below (that way, no need for converters). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

One other thing:You can extend desktop using Windows display properties or Nview. I believe the preferred method is to disable the option in Windows properties and then set up under Nview (that way you can save different configurations).

Guest gasebah

Ok. I will throw in my piece of information, cuz it is very important and few seem to know it:After you set up the monitor, check your display settings in FS2002. You will have three entries there.1. Primary graphics adaptor2. Display 1/ .....3. Display 2/.....Primary is set by default. You have to change this to "Display 1" if you want to run FS2002 in full screen mode on the No1 monitor. Otherwise you will not be able to move the mouse to the 2nd monitor on many occasions, except you use annoying workarounds.Alex