Sign in to follow this  

First time VATSIM experience

Well, I finally tried VATSIM today for the first time. I must say I was very impressed by the entire system, and it was all relatively easy to use as well, including RW. Wonderful! I flew from KSEA to KLAX, and ATC was courteous and professional, a true pleasure to be controlled by. In the past couple of years my interest towards flightsims on the computer had decreased a lot, due to flying frequently in real life. After getting my licenses I barely ever touched the sim's anymore, they just didn't feel real enough. But now with fully functional ATC with voice comms and everything, I'm sure I'll be flying a lot more on VATSIM! Also I believe this can be good practice for keeping myself current on my IFR procedures. The only question I really have is, how can I configure SB so that I do not have to alt-tab my way out of FS2002 just to change frequencies? I imagine ATC and everyone else doesn't appreciate the pauses caused by that either. Also accessing the FMS and TCAS information would be helpful while actually flying..Cheers, see you in the air!

Guest Mikey

Hi, and welcome!First, go into your Flight Sim settings and uncheck "Pause on Task Switch", that will keep you from pausing when you leave FS or when someone sends you a private message on final, and the guy I have 3 miles behind you won't plow into you =)To put squawkbox in the same window as FS, look for a download called HOSTSB (not SBHOST). This is a FS module that will host SB directly inside the application.Again, welcome, and I'll see you in Socal. =)Mike EvansZLA-C1

Well thanks a lot for the advice, now I can fly with less interruptions! I think I'll try it tonight, I downloaded HOSTSB, and I think I can figure out how to use it. Perhaps a nice flight from KLAX (left my plane there!) to KLAS.Cheers!

Hi where do you download this program?

Guest rcritz

You can find it in the file library here at Avsim.cz