Sign in to follow this  

ATC VOICE IN SQUAKBOX

Does anybody know how to make the atc voice play through your microphone headset speaker instead of your main computer speakers.I thought there was a utility for this.Please help me thank youPilot 737

Guest flightpro08

I don't know of a utility for this, but you can do what I do, use two sound cards. They're relatively cheap these days and just require a free PCI slot.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

I have onboard sound on my mobo, plus an audigy card. So what i can do is set rogerwilco to use the audigy card where i would plug in my headset, then have fs2k2 use the onboard sound where i plug in my speakers. It works great. If you have sound built into your motherboard, then just get a soundcard for a PCI slot, and you will be good.Chris

Guest Ali

Hey guys, I have just purchased a Soundblaster Live 5.1, it should arrive soon. I currently have an integrated card like this other person.So do I plug my headset into the soundblaster and my speakers into onboard and everything should be fine?Or is there something more complex that needs doing.By the way will I get better fps now with a stand alone sound card?Thanks.Ali.

Guest flightpro08

Just to add to this post and to answer Ali's question...I just built a new computer last weekend, and my motherboard has and onboard sound system. Here's how I set up my system:1.) Took a sound card out of my old system and plugged it into a free PCI slot.2.) Plugged in my system speakers to the onboard motherbaord sound system and my headset microphone and headphones in the PCI sound card.3.) Set up my system to use my motherbaord's sound system for system sounds (i.e. FSk2k2 sounds.)4.) Set up Roger Wilco to use my PCI sound card.This has worked very well for me.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10480

Given that some PCI sound card add-ons (Audigy etc) are probably superior to the m/b sound, would there be any problems in running RW through the m/b and the FS2002 sound through the PCI sound card?Any frame rate considerations?I didn't think you were supposed to have your m/b sound enabled (in device manager) if you had a PCI sound card enabled also?

Guest ilh

I have mine set up this way. My default Windows sound device is a PCI card and only RW uses the motherboard sound. Given the sound quality of RW in general, I doubt I lose anything this way.I have not noticed any real effect on frame rates whether or not I am using RW this way.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)