Sign in to follow this  

Stealth on VATSIM network!

I was flying in a route from Moscow to Kiev and a friend of mine sent me a message saying he was "online" also. He said he would catch up with me, but I could not get him on my radar. I could see his plane, but my radar could not!! He told me he found a way to Fly Stealth so that even the Controllers could not see him. I ask the CTR if he could see someone around me and the controller said "NEGATIVE".How is this possible? He did not want to tell me how did he do it, but I was amazed! This could cause problems if someone with this type of set up decides to be childish and mess up someone else's flight.Anybody have any ideas how did he do it?

IF your friend knew the ip address of your connection he could possibly join your multiplayer session.That would explain why you could see him but he did not show on your radar or controllers radar because I suspect he was not connected to Vatsim !Its one possibility.Did his text message appear on the SB window or on the FS chat window?

It appeared in the SB Window. I'm sure he was conected because how could he "see" other VATSIM aircraft without being connected?

Yes he could see other aircraft.Once he joined your multiplayer session he could see all aircraft in your session but they could not see him.When you host a session and connect to vatsim the server sends you details of other aircraft in your range.Your details are also sent back to others,all via the vatsim servers.In this case your friend must have known the ip of your net connection and joined your session directly and not via vatsim.I have 2 pCS and it works. The part I cannot understand is the text in the SB window.Are you sure the message is not coming via the chat window.Otherwise he could have connected briefly to vatsim to send you a message and then disconnected before anyone realised.Smart boy!

Guest ilh

Doesn't SB catch the text in the chat window? If he sent a message through the MP messaging system, SB would likely see it and display it. That certainly works when you send messages through the chat window.Did he show up in ServInfo?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Well. . . why dont you give us your friends name. . . and im sure someone from VATSIM will be happy to invistegate this. :)Might I suggest you tell your friend not to play with this new found 'knowledge' of his anymore. Im one of those people who take this rather seriously, and the first time I see a pilot horseing around within controled airspace, well. . . I dont hesitate to call a Supervisor.Regards,Josh HjemvickZLA Instructor www.laartcc.orgONT TRACON Lead www.geocities.com/ont_tracon/

Oh Boooyyy.... Get real dude! Where do you control again? Let me be sure to stay away from your uptight self.Of course, I could just join my friends multi-player session and you wouldn't know I was there either ;-))

Do we really have to be subjected to your boring weather radar?

Guest Eagle

Bob - How did you get the radar weather map? I would like to put that on my site. Information on this would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Ask Fred? ;-)Information on any image can be found in IExplorer by positioning the cursor on the image and clicking the RIGHT mouse button and then selecting the "properties" from the list that appears. You will find the link to the image in the middle of the box that appears.Xhttp://Xwww.crh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.p37cr/SI.klot/latest.gifI added the "X" so the page would not load in this posting.The data you are seeing above is only 15 minutes old at most and will remain current with each refresh. If you reload the page from the cache, the image will come off of your hard drive and not be current.For your web page go here: Keep in mind the "X" are extra and need removed.Xhttp://Xweather.noaa.gov/radar/mosaic/DS.p19r0/ar.us.conus.shtmlFor the Richmond area:Xhttp://Xweather.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.kakq.shtmlNow if this is the area you want and if it is the type of display you want, then put the cursor on the map and right click to obtain the properties. Then all you need do is use the URL in your web page design. THE KEY to obtaining current data is selecting images that end in "latest.gif". Links to these will ensure that you have the LATEST data. Send me an email if you need additional help so we don't bore Fred too much. ;-)We are rsam@mtco.com BobThe following little action prompted by Fred.Action is halted if you press the ESCAPE key!