Sign in to follow this  

I can't say enough about VATSIM.

Guest United

I did try a run from EGLL to EDDF and if I might say, it is a bit more fun, much more intensity due to your fuller and tighter airways. It's still a matter of timing as I am on the west coast of the US, I have to have a free mid-day to do it, but having said that, when you guys staff, you staff well!!! I shall have to continue to explore European routes, my only problem is that the vatsim european sites are a bit lacking published routes. I tried for instance to find a route from EDDF to Dublin. Neither the German site or the Irish site had a published route, but maybe you all could suggest a web site that has these

Unitedon the Irish VACC site http://www.sateir.org/ you find routes from EIDW to EDDF. Simply click on Library on the left and then chose Navigation on the right and finally "Flight plan routes from Dublin to European Destinations". It's a downloadable excel file in zip-format. In case you don't have excel or access, here are the routes they recommend:EIDWEDDF01 TOLKA UB39 BASET UG1 KONAN UL607 NTM G1 RUDUS *EIDWEDDF02 LIFFY UB1 WAL UB3 HON UB71 BIG UG1 KONAN UL607 NTM G1 RUDUS EIDWEDDF03 VATRY UR14 STU UG1 KONAN UL607 NTM G1 RUDUS EIDWEDDL04 LIFFY UB1 GOLES UL603 GMH UB1 SIGEN B1 LIMBU V151 GED EIDWEDDF05 LIFFY UB1 GOLES UL603 ARKON UB1 SIGEN B1 LIMBU V151 GED See you in the skies over western EuropeRegards,KristerFinland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

us been at the arse end of the world (Australia) we never get such good traffic and ATC control:-(

Guest ielchitz

Chuck,A few of your mates from Australia and New Zealand find that in the late afternoon (your time) they can take advantage of late night ATC on the west coast.These blokes are easily identified on voice and by their VH, ANZ, QFA, and ZK callsigns.So, if you make it home early enough, try the West Coast of the US. Often on Friday nights the fun goes until real real late.Ian Elchitz CYWGOakland ARTCC

Guest United

for the Frankfort to Dublin routes, dont seem to show any at the German site, but I'll look again and thank you for your help!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Randy,I used fsbuild with the latest AIRAC cycle to produce this route:EDDF-KIR2Q-BATTY-UL610-GILDA-BPK-UB3-DTY-RADNO-UB39-TOLKA-EIDWHaven't verified it against my charts or eurocontrol but it should work.Don't know if you are familiar with fsbuild but it's a great and so far free tool (it will become shareware and I'm happy to pay the price). You find it here http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/a...er1/fsbuild.htmRegards,Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest United

I really appreciate your efforts. I must fly in German airspace very soon!

Martin,this question really should be adressed to the guys at VACC-SAG butthey have EDDF-KIR-G104-DIK-UA24-BUB-UL608-LOGAN-EGLL as the recommended route to Heathrow and I assumed the same departure point would be suitable for EIDW. So you recommend that I switch the DP then (I ask this since I like to fly EDDF-EGLL)?And Randy, Operation Onesky is coming up in a couple of weeks - I sure know what I'll be doing that day! :)RegardsKrister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest United

In the Wichita Wicked Weather Fly-In yesterday. It was madness, fun madness, but madness none the less. Now why would you want a innocent guy like me to be eatin' alive in Operation Onesky!! I've seen how many pilots get up in the air in European airspace on a normal weekend evening. It's like a swarm of mosquitoes!! ... On the other hand, I do like a good challenge. I'll check it out perhaps!!Randy Jura, KPDX