Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

MP Session with 2 PCs

Ok this may be a little O/T but hopefully someone will be able to help.I fly on line using 2 PCs with widefs and fsuipc and have no problem; the FS PC does not have an internet connection that is done on the 2nd PC.The VA I fly for is considering running FS MP sessions, not joining VATSIM, on a private server for new pilots to learn the ropes.My question is, can I connect to a FS MP session via my 2nd PC without running SB?TIA

Why yes sir you can. Just join into the Multiplayer session like you would regularly do. Im not familiar with FS2002 but i know in FS2000, you click File, then Multiplayer. Then you click join, then enter the IP the VA gave you, click join, and then your in. Hopefully,hope this helpsBenjie

Hi Benjie,Can you confirm please that your answer works for a 2 PC set-up as I decribed in my msg?Thanks

As long as you use WideFS and FSUIPC, then you can connect your second computer to the server. I fly both on VATSIM and Direct MP. I only run FS2002 on computer1. All my other programs, Roger Wilco, pmTcas, FSMeteo, etc that I run on computer2 work fine. Weather you Host or Join, SB,LAN, or multiplay direct, it will all work fine. Remember WideFS sends the data back and forth between the computers.

Thanks for the confirmation Dan.I assume you are running TCP/IP between the 2 PC's and not IPX/SPX?Currently I am running IPX between the 2 PC's and for a reason that eludes me at the moment if I switch to TCP/IP the 2 PC's stop talking to each other :-fume Regards

Can I just publicy thank Dan for all his efforts, via e-mail in helping me with my problem.If the rating system was still in place Dan you would get 6 stars from me :-) :-beerchug I think I have finally cracked it, just need one final test to be sure.I will let you know by e-mail Dan once that test has been completed.Best regards