Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Correct FP format

With the coming release of ASRC is there now a standard format for filing a FP in SB?From the ngs I know at present there are differences between the USA and at least UK FPs. As a newly appointed Training Captain for my VA I want to get the 'newbies' used to filing a correct FP.At the moment I would file something likePOL1R B4 MARGO TWEED1AFor a flight between EGCC & EGPH and for a flight EGCC - EGPKPOL1R B4 TLA DCT TRN(BTW Don't pull me up on an incorrect POL SID number, I didn't check what designators POL has :-) )I would not include the departure/arrival airports in the FP as these are already in their respective boxes.I also know that ASRC prefers V, T, or R in the remarks box. Thanks

Guest Mikey

Well, it's actually /V/, /R/, and /T/, but no one is looking.. :)The one big thing with ASRC, is DON'T use the ROUTE section for comments...I.E. don't put KLAX then direct to KSAN via the PEBLE2 departureWhich I have seen numerous times.. the route section should be just that.. your route :)KLAX.PEBLE2.KSAN(If that's all your filing).DCT isn't used at all in the US, ASRC will parse it, but it may confuse the route display we have by looking for a DCT vor..Mike

Ryan,Don't stir that one up again :-lol , it's another of the differences us Brits have with you Yanks :-lol and has been covered ad nauseam in the ng's.However you have a valid question if ASRC will parse it correctly.I think when ASRC is officially released would be a good time for the VTASIM BOG to define a standard FP format.Mind you we still can't get the different divisions to stick to UTC time when advertising their events ;)

Ryan,Thats one of the interesting things I've noticed while flight planning. Every airline has a different format for their route for quick reference and FMC programming. Not to be confused with ICAO flight plan as that is always in the same format.Air Canada uses the format:"CYUL/24L 0045Z CYUL3 YJN J500 YSC DCY MIILS N97B CYMON NATY LIMRI NATV DOLIP UN523 CRK UL607 NUMPO Y3 NIGIT OCK1F EGLL/27L"United:LAX.LAXX3.DAG.J100.BCE.J60 LNK.J146.GIJ.J554.JHW.J106.STW.LENDY5"If I recall correctly BAW uses one similar to Air Canada except for the ICAO airport codes and runways. Can anybody confirm this?Best Regards,Ryan O'Malley.