Sign in to follow this  

Ill try again..reg fix anyone?

Guest sunstriker

HiUnfortunately noone seemed to be able to answer this before.There was a file on the Avsim library which enabled you to reinstall fs2002 info to the registry...it has seemingly gone.Can anyone help with this , it worked great, and was a lot less hassle than reinstalling.thx in anticipation :waveSun

I'd be interested in this since TTools and AFintstaller keeps asking for my FS install. What's funny is that my keys in the registry are still there!

Guest sunstriker

HiStrange I only have a problem with FSW so I cant auto change my clouds...actually the file and instructions were sent by UweR but he doesnt sem to be around, the link from his post to a file is now deadSun

Hi,I have had the same problem also. Checking the registry after installing the Dreamfleet Archer II, another key was written to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Microsoft, Microsoft Games, Flight Simulator,8.0 that contains no information except for another key that points to Dreamfleet. I think some of the programs look for the first instance of Microsoft Games and then stop there with the message, can't be found. FS2K2 actually writes to HKEY_LOCAL_Machine etc.Ed

If you look for my Win95 install tip, at fsgateway.com, I include a text section which can be copied and saved into a file called fs2002.reg. You can then d-click the file to execute it. You need to put in the product ID and verify the program path, but it will otherwise rebuild the registration key. Here's a link to the tip:http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=285

Guest sunstriker

Hi JohnYoure a star it works thank you thank you thank youhahahahahhhaSun

Hey John,I hope you are ready for wave two, when these guys/gals corrupt their registries!:-lol

"I hope you are ready for wave two, when these guys/gals corrupt their registries"Huh? Please share, exactly how will this happen? I manage deployment practices on a WAN with approx. 1500+ users, and .reg files are used quite often. Not once has a tech or a user damaged a system by running a .reg file correctly written. Nor have any of the FS2002/Win95 users complained using my instructions... So please share, or at least stay away from scare-mongering....

Ohhh....Sorry--I can be a bit dense in the morning. For a moment, I thought he was serious!-John

Guest cornclose

No problem, I was only having fun too...:-hahWe all need to lighten up in these forums sometimes, it's so easy to get wound up...Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

>We all need to lighten up in these forums sometimes, it's so >easy to get wound up... Now what the $#%&! do you mean by that? That's the problem with... *ducking and running grin*

John,I apologize if I riled you up. I have provided explicitly detailed instructions to some individuals, only to have them read every third line and then blame me for the poor results.I know your work and it is superb!!Cheers!

John, Thank you for the link it helped.. greatly! :) I recognized the my path EXE was gone and that I also had 7.0 subdirectory installed. I don't have FS 2k. I ran several FS 3rd party installs and they found my FS directory. Thank you!!! Julian