Sign in to follow this  

Wicked Weather in Wichita

Well, what can I say...This was one of the best fly-in I have seen/participated in.My story was simple, an easy run from DFW to ICT, route of flight...IRW.J21.ICTroute actually flown...IRW.IRW090 (hold).PER.DOTEE.KICTHad a really good time, though I think lag was starting to hit, at least on the voice side.Only issues I saw, no EFC times given in the holds, and a few slam dunk arrivals, otherwise no big deal, a few lost comm situations as well.Everyone stayed patient, it was a blast, just like the real world tonight!WELL DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!Again?????J. Jason VodnanskyVATSIM ZMP ARTCCChief InstructorCFI-IImage courtesy of Pedro J. Marquez (FTW_V_CTR) this evening

Guest United

This is funny, there's my plane UA494 on Pedro's pic! I think the ATC crew was super. Yes, there were glitches, and I witnessed one captain get very impatient and left the scenario, but that is par for the course. I have never participated in such a long approach, a good thing I tanked up with 50% more fuel, I needed about all of it. The whole scenario is about patience and trust. I spent well over an hour more landing than usual and much of it in soup and if that's what the real world is like, they can have it, I'll settle for an occasional vatsim fly-in to satisfy me!.. Once again, much thanks to the entire ATC staff of KC and those surrounding supportive ATCers!!Randy Jura, KPDX (UA494 in the pic!)

What the heck was AFA6177 talking about? Sounds like he had a bad attitude!

Eric 

Guest United

Teen-ager, pure and simple. I think I ran into him going into KORD on my flight prior to Wicked Weather. He was talkin like he was in a chat room on yahoo. Definitely inappropriate .... and it spoils the atmosphere for the rest of us.

With guys like that, if you see any type of VATSIM admin type on line, private msg them and tell them what that guy is doing. VATSIM is pretty dang good dealing with those kinds of problems.

Eric 

Guest United

Good idea, I'll keep that in mindRandy Jura, KPDX

KPDX? My one and only real world aviation job was at PDX. Back in 1989. Worked for a contract ramp services company. We did TWA. They had two MD8?'s and a daily L1011 flight to New York. That was when Delta was building there mini hub there for there Far East routes. Ah, the good ole days!

Eric 

Jason...Next time, it might be a good idea to look at the whole image before ya post it Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director