Sign in to follow this  

Changing Channels and Roger Wilco

We all know that while we are using FS2002 and we need to switch a channel, we have to hit ALT-ENTER to switch to the SB Host and Program and select the new frequency. Then the RW station switches too. Is it possible to swicth the station on the airplane control panel and have the RW station switch too? That would be a lot better then going in and out of the program. TIA.Nathan

Or you could use the little module HostSB.dll that does the same thing as SB Host.exe but as a docked window in FS2k2. No more ALT+ENTER ;-)Can be found in the file library! Search on HostSB

Although it doesn't work for everyone. It crashes my sim without exception immediately when I activate the module. I use the Servinfo gauge too and that works like a charm. I read somewhere (rumours?) that the next version of Squawkbox will let you change the frequency using the aircrafts comm radio. Can anyone confirm this?Regards,KristerMats,

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

KristerYou're right. I have experienced lock ups with HostSB. Now I run with separate flight and communication computers so that's not an issue ;-)I'll try to participate in the Sweden, Arlanda Fly-In tonight. :-)For anyone else interested. This is a Fly-In with the first ATCC (all the traffic controller in one place) in Sweden VACC History. See www.sweden.vacc.nu/ for info, charts etc.

Guest DWillens

Any idea if there is a way to get Servinfo to switch to a unicom frequency? What do you do when you leave an area of voice ATC to an area where there is no ATC at all? You are still going to be listening to the last voice ATC you were on.Damon

If you know the name of the position you want to tune your radio in, you could do the following while flying:1. Press ENTER (this should bring the FS chat window)2. Write .C 118.100 and press ENTER3. Write .ATIS SAWH_V_APP and press ENTERThis will tune your COM1 (".c" command) to 118.100 and retrieve voice info to RW and atis from the position (".ATIS" command), in this case SAWH_V_APP (Ushuaia Approach - voice), thus achieving the same effect that double clicking a position on ATC Directory window.Try it. It works regardless you have HOSTSB.DLL or not.--Daniel R. Careri

The guys at VATPAC (Pacific region) have been making a programme where you can switch the frequency on the panel and the programme will look for a controller on that frequency. It was originally designed for a homebuilt full sized 744 cockpit where using a mouse is under way to becoming redundant inside the cockpit itself basically it reads your FS comm. radio frequency and when it changes it finds the closest controller with that freq and tunes to their voice room. This saves task switching out of FS in a Single PC environment or having to leave the flight desk on a full size simulator environment. ... Visit:http://www.satpac.org/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1555for more information!

Great Stuff. I guess it is pretty much the same as RWcontrol.Has anyone ever seen a simialr utiliy that changes the SB channel as well? As I understand it, this one (and RWcontrol) will only change the voice channel. Is there something out there that will change channels in SquawkBox as well?