Sign in to follow this  

Flight Plan Management

I have been using the VATSIM Flight Planning Tool for submitting Flight Plans to Squawkbox and enjoy the capability. It lessens the cockpit requirements when online with ATC and makes for a more sterile cockpit. The problem i have is when you get forced offline and return to online status, your flight plan is erased and at that time you have to go into the program to reestablish your route for ATC. This causes an unnessesary burden when trying to fly the aircraft and would not be the norm in real situations. Is it possible for VATSIM to keep the flight plan active for at least one hour after disconnect so when the pilot gets back online the flight plan is still active. When the pilot gets to his destination the flight plan will automatically drop off within the half hour requirement. Also is there the possibility to have a place to close the flight plan after the flight?Looking forward to your response.Regards,Cliff ScottAAL415MiamiVATSIM 810598

Hello Cliff,>Is it possible for VATSIM to keep the flight plan active for at>least one hour after disconnect so when the pilot gets back online>the flight plan is still active. I

Guest rcritz

Martin,Not quite. Flight plans submitted via the web interface are retained for an hour. They're only retained for 30 minutes after a disconnect.Cliff,Your comments are noted. There won't be any changes in the immediate future but I'll keep them in mind for future development work.cz

now, all we need is to be able to select a flight from a database of real world British and European fligh plans... :-)Sunil Mulay

Guest Louis

Just made a plan with the new flight planner but when you hit -file flight plan -where does it go? never did find it even after i connected---Louis

Guest ielchitz

Where does it go? where can I Find it?It goes onto the server.When you connect with the callsign you specified on the Flight Plan page the plan is automatically associated with your aircraft.If you hit RESEND FLIGHTPLAN you will overwrite the one sent over the web with whatever you had in your SB flight plan page.If you open up the flight plan page in yoru SquawkBox you will NOT (repeat NOT) see the plan you filed over the Internet since the system has no way of sending that down to you client (yet). Hope that answers your questions - and I hope I got that all right myself, though I know that CZ will correct me if I messed it all up.Ian Elchitz CYWGOakland ARTCC

Guest Louis

Thanks Ian, I fly with cva i'm cva2488 Van hub and we were told to get used to this cause it's the way of the future. Louis cyyc

I notice that SimATC has a flight planning facility, but there seem to be very few European flights in there. Is there a flight planning facility for this area?RegardsSunil Mulay