Sign in to follow this  
Guest DWillens

Computer Freezes with RW on Vatsim!

Guest DWillens

I also posted this in SB forum...(sorry for the duplication)I run fs2002 full-screen with Win98. Quite often when flying with SB and RW on Vatsim, if I am told to contact a different controller, and for whatever reason RW cannot connect to the server that is identified, my computer will freeze and requires a complete shutoff and re-boot.I think I know part of the problem. RW has a popup box when it cannot connect to a server. Because I am running in full-screen mode, I cannot switch to the RW popup box to close it. If I try alt-tab to get to windows mode everything freezes, as does ctrl-enter.Does anyone know a way around this? Perhaps a special keyboard combination (not alt-tab) that will "unfreeze" the computer or otherwise allow me to get to that RW popup box. Or, perhaps a way to stop RW from even using such a popup box?Any help would be appreciated. This is really frustrating. RW's manual and support leaves a lot to be desired.Damon

Hi Damon,Try to use HostSB.dll. It is a small program which hosts sqkbox without the need of the fix they made for their host, and maybe preventing what is happening to your system. When this happens to a WinXP Pro with HostSB.dll, FS is automatically minimized and you can click OK in the RW message box, then maximizing back FS. I don't know if Win98 behaves differently, as WinXP Pro has a lot of preventing features against bad programs and locks.I guess you can find HostSB (13K) at AVSim or FlightSim.com. At least is something new to try.Greetings from Rio,Heron

Guest DWillens

I already use HostSB, but FS is not minimized in the manner you suggest when RW has problems. Also, I have tried ctrl-alt-del but that doesn't seem to work either.Any other ideas?Damon