Sign in to follow this  

VATSIM Transatlantic flights

Hi all,I would like to ask VATSIM people some questions about transatlantic/transoceanic flights within the FS World:

Heron... I would like to know the answers to some of those questions also. You might also want to post these questions in the Vatsim newsgroup which you can view right here... http://snn.simflight.com/cgi-bin/dnewswebThe Vatsim newsgroup there seems to be more active than the one here so give it a try :)Jason

Hi Jason,Thanks for the reply. I'll post this with them.Greetings,HeronSWVA 1872

>Pilots should get two clearances for this type of >flight: one for the route to reach the beginning of the >chosen NAT, and another one for the NAT itself, which should >be, of course, the best route to reach the other side of the >ocean. Does VATSIM provide the ATC facilities for this >matter? If so, is it mandatory or optional to get both >clearances? We all know that not all flightplanners plotter >these routes as NATs. On big events, clearances are used AFAIK. Once got a one. But usually not.>Y 42/60 43/50 44/40 45/30 46/20 47/15 SEPAL >EAST LVLS 310 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390 >WEST LVLS NIL >EUR RTS WEST NIL >>Do VATSIM controllers recognize this kind of plan with those >1000ft step climb indications? It depends on the controller's knowledge and stress. And by the way, the standard NAT tracks has been assigned for VATSIM. You can check them at http://www.vatsim-uk.net/vatsim-uk/|VATSIM%20UK%20website' target="_blank">. >NATs are one way roads, so facing another aircraft coming it >is not a problem. In real flights, when the ATC issues >clearances to high flight levels, it is normal for the pilot >to say

"For heavy aircraft, fuel quantity at the beginning of a trip like this does not permit us to climb to altitudes as FL390 or FL410 that early."Try putting in your flight plan comments "request cruise climb", then you don't have to clog up the comm freq with messages. Your also more free to fly the plane. I do this all the time and they are always accomodating.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

>Try putting in your flight plan comments "request cruise >climb", then you don't have to clog up the comm freq with >messages. Your also more free to fly the plane. I do this >all the time and they are always accomodating. Better way is to make the altitude planning before flight.. It's also more realistic. Here's an example, route from RJBB to EFHK. You can see the full speed, altitude and route information there.N0473F300 MAIKO2 SOUJA DCT JEC B332 SABET/N0473F282 B332 KANSU/K0863S0910 B467 TEKUK R452 TD B355 NOVY/K0876S0960 A333 TEMBE/K0869S1060 A333 VATAL/K0861S1160 A333 AGAMO/N0459F380 UN866 JNS UT82 ORM DCT

ok, only problem with a super long flight plan is that controllers (well those using PC) can't see the f/p. The shorter the better for them.As a matter of fact, as a controller I usually ask pilots to delete the portion of the flight plan they have gone through so I can see the part I care about.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

>ok, only problem with a super long flight plan is that >controllers (well those using PC) can't see the f/p. The >shorter the better for them. >>As a matter of fact, as a controller I usually ask pilots to >delete the portion of the flight plan they have gone through >so I can see the part I care about. I have a different way in this. I check plans of the flights about 5-10 minutes before they arrive into my airspace. I use ServInfo for this, so there's no problem with seeing the plan.Hope that we'll get ASRC soon..