Sign in to follow this  
Guest bkhopp

Recommendation for Mic/Headset using RW on VATSIM

Guest bkhopp

Hi,Wondering if anyone can give me recommendations for a mic and headset combination to use for RW on VATSIM. Have been wanting to get voice for a while, but need a headset. Any hepl would be appreciated.Thanks,Ben

I bought a headset just to use RW on VATSIM. I bought the Cyber Acoustics AC-633. It's cheap, but it's worked great, really light and comfortable. You can check their products at http://www.cyber-acoustics.com

Ben,I use a Labtec Axis-502 headset on vatsim. It works very well and isn't too expensive. I also bought a Labtec Axis-712 USB but my XP installation didn't like it. My intention was to have Roger Wilco outputting to the USB set and MSFS to my labtec speaker system (that subwoofer is sooo nice) so that I could adjust the volume of them seperately.I also strongly recommend coupling the talk button on Roger Wilco to a button on the CH Yoke (if you have the gear) using FSIPC - works like a charm./Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

This is one of those areas where expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. I have a Plantronics model that retailed for about $25.00 USD and it has worked great. What you should look for is comfort because you'll be spending a lot of time wearing it! ;-) If you find one for $20 - $30 USD it'll do the job just fine.George S. MarinakisVP Operations (VATSIM6/VATGOV2)VATSIM Board of Governors

I have Labtec Axis C-324, works fine. If you just find a comfortable, good quality and cheap headset, buy it. Sound quality is not important now, it's only for music listeners. :)I recommend you to buy another soundcard (the cheapest one) so you can get RW sounds to the headset and other sounds will be played by speakers. If you'd like to hear RW from speakers too, then you just buy an audio plug splitter and a short stereo audio cable. Put the splitter to the output of RW soundcard so you have two outputs there. Plug your headset to one output and plug the audio cable to the other output. Plug the other end of the cable to your speaker soundcard input and then set the input as played from your Windows sound volume program (sndvol32.exe).Was it confusing? ;)