Sign in to follow this  

problem: aircraft in air don't show on my PSS Aibus ND

I've posted this message in the PSS forum, but I thought I might find some help here to. I fly the PSS Airbus, and have AI bridge intalled, yet....when I'm on the ground when flying online with VATSIM, I successfully see aircraft on the Phoenix Airbus ND, as well as the EFIS screen in Squawkbox. However, after takeoff, I never seem to see aircraft around me in the sky on the Phoenix Airbus ND.. This has happened every time I fly. Aircraft in the air show up on the SB TCAS, but not in the Airbus! Then, when I approach the runway at the arrival airport, suddenly all the aircraft waiting there on the ground show up on the ND once again. Its' as if the AI Bridge is not picking up aircraft in the air.Does anyone else have this problem? I have maximum range set in SB.ThanksSunil Mulay

Just an idea but...Could it be that AIbridge is a little bit more clever than SB TCAS? I've noticed that A/C well without range even vertically is not displayed on the ND. Maybe you don't have A/C around your altitude?I'm not sure but I think this is how AIBridge works?Someone correct me?Regards

that is because the TCAS in PSS only shows aircraft 2700 feet above and below the aircraft. at least i think it is 2700. for sure it is in the 2000's anyway. so when your PSS exceeds 2700 above ground, the aircraft on the ground will disappear.

Yes... that seems to be the problem I was having, cause I had a great flight yesterday, where I was third for landing at heathrow, and I could see 4 or 5 aircraft around me, being nicely manouvred by the ATC into a neat line ready for landing.This vertical distance in the PSS TCAS... is this how it works on the real aircraft?RegardsSunil>that is because the TCAS in PSS only shows aircraft 2700 >feet above and below the aircraft. at least i think it is >2700. for sure it is in the 2000's anyway. so when your PSS >exceeds 2700 above ground, the aircraft on the ground will >disappear.

Guest rcritz

>This vertical distance in the PSS TCAS... is this how it >works on the real aircraft? >All TCASes have a vertical limit as well as a horizontal limit. It's usually in the 2000-3000' range. Anything else just isn't a problem and you don't want to be overloading the pilot with useless information.cz

Guest flightpro08
Guest flightpro08

thanks, that's interesting. Can someone advise,what horizontal and vertical ranges are realistic on modern aircraft? I fly the Airbus 320 at the moment.ThanksSunil Mulay