Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

Labo Honolulu - Do you trees look like this?

AllAnyone else have this? Clean install with 1.1. All sliders maxed.P4 1.9GeForce4 ti4600 512mbBobG

Sorry all about the spelling. Just not proofing anymore.BobG

FYIForgot to mention. The cars do not have any headlights.Anyone else?BobG

Guest HeavyFan

No problem here Either with my trees there! Might seem to be a Vid Card problem?? I not sure? Good luck finding the problem! The scenery is great!! MIKE-:)

Hi Bob,I get the same effect. I've let Mathijs know via the Lago support forum (at www.lagoonline.com) and he's looking into it :-)Maybe if you could do the same (details of OS/video card drivers etc) it'll help him and his team get it fixed.All the best,John[table border=2bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta Tester of Radar Contact] the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

>Forgot to mention. The cars do not have any headlights. >Anyone else? The cars that are on the road have lights at night (if you have version 1.01 installed). The texture problem is rather more complex.It seems your machine does not understand the tranparency call given out by Gmax. As this is a DirectX function as far as I understand I think it could be caused by driver problems. Can you give me some information on the graphics pipe on your system? Driver version etc?Just to be sure I reinstalled FS2002 on the three testbeds here and I did not see the problem.Mathijs

Bob and John,yes, count me in on this one even though I think on my system it doesn't seem as pronounced as it is in Bob's screenshot. Depending on the angle I'm looking at the trees I do get this effect too.I'm still trying to figure out what's causing this. I've tried pretty much all sliders in the sim and some other settings without success. Cheers,Peterhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

>No, I don't have this problem, however I have a different >problem! I have vegetation growing all over the main >roadway! E-Mailed Mathijs, awaiting a response. Sure grows fast doesn't it on Hawaii :-)So far we have not been able to see this problem on our systems and as far as my datbase goes, this has not been reported before. However the screenshot indicates that the default ground is not 'flattened' completely by the scenery, because what you see is in fact impossible :-) I don't do this often, but for this one I advise a re-install to make sure the problem is repeatable.Mathijs KokLAGO

We just solved problems like the one seen in these screenshots on a users system. When we installed a 'standard' copy of the texture dir the problem was solved. To safe memory we use a lot of the standard elements of FS2002 and the trees and vegitation belong to them. I did check out some addtional textures that are for download and I did notice some of them use non standard compression and even non standard transparency colours. In Gmax this will probably cause these problems as Gmax is more restricted in these things.As all our products assume that Fs2002 standard files are not changed (how else could be do any support). I'm not saying that this solves all problems but I am now rather sure that these problems will NOT be seen on a clean FS2002. This also explains why the problem only occurs are certain installations and not on all.We are trying to find out what the affected textures are so people can solve the problem. Mathijs KokLAGO

After reading Mathijs' post I was able to fix the tree problem on my system as follows:I remembered that I had installed the "Autogen Conifer Tree Replacement Pack" by Ed TruthanI restored: treesfa.bmptreeshw.bmptreessp.bmptreessu.bmptreeswi.bmpfrom the original backups I had made. No more tree problem. Hope this helps someone...

Guest GerrishGray

I couldn't help but notice that the trees growing across the road in the second screenshot come from my own Autogen tree textures replacement, MSTrees2.zip.What has happened here is that Lago are using some of the default textures direct, rather than supplying their own copy or replacement. Their design is based on the MS originals and gets 'upset' when third party replacemets such as Ed Truthan's Autogen trees or my own are in use. In the case of the palms in the first screenshot, the problem is caused by Ed's use of the DirectX DXT3 bitmap format, which provides semi-transparency. In the case of the second screenshot, the bitmap format is the same DirectX-compatible DXT1 format as the MS originals, but the trees are larger and have added undergrowth.Rather than have to abandon your preferred replacement tree set, a possible alternative solution you might want to try is simply to make a copy of the original MS versions of the five files treesfa.bmp, treeshw.bmp, treessp.bmp, treessu.bmp and treeswi.bmp in the local ..texture folder where the rest of the Lago stuff is installed. You should then be able to leave your replacement trees in the main texture folder without upsetting the Lago scenery. I haven't been able to test this idea yet myself as I don't have the Lago scenery - please someone let me know if it works!Mathijs - if you reuse default MS texture files this way, can I respectfully suggest that you consider making copies of your own in your own texture folder, or arrange for your install routine to do so, to avoid this problem. Better still, you might want to change the filename too, as a number of other third party scenery designers have done to avoid such clashes. It's quite common for third party designers to provide replacements of MS original textures such as water, clouds, trees and buildings ...Kind RegardsGerrish

Hi Gerrish Thank you for looking into this. I use both of your tree files.Connifers and mstrees2. I hope they can work through this with your advise as I dont wish to use the default trees if you know what I mean.Tks againbobG

Gerrish,you are a genious!! Works like a charm. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.Cheers,Peterhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)Det.29.42),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11