Sign in to follow this  
shermank

What is the Uniform Roger Wilco Frequency?

I know there is one, because until recently, RW would default to it when I signed onto Vatsim and the RW screen popped up. But, for some reason, it no longer defaults to Uniform voice. Can anyone give me the rw frequency for this service? Thanks...btw, as of 2p cst 12-14-02, there are only 3 controllers on duty in the entire flightsim world, and only a few more than 50 pilots. Where is everybody??? :-)Sherm

It's me, again with a proposal. While scanning RW, I have found several individuals who have set up a Uniform channel. Unfortunately, since each pilot is using their own channel, no one is communicating with each other. If Harv or someone in charge is reading this, would it be possible to post a NOTAM and create a dedicated RW Uniform channel? I just spoke with a pilot using his dedicated channel. He told me that vatsim.vitez.net was previously being used, but he has not been able to make a connection for the past several weeks. Maybe we can get the ball rolling on this....thanks for reading this far.Sherm

OK...I just logged onto vatsim.vitez.net. It came up with this frequency:24.93.71.131therefore, I propose that this be the designated default signon frequency for all vatsim RW Uniform communications. But, it would be great if the software would default us into this frequency when we log on the first time before tuning into a regional ATC. Thanks, again...Harv...any way to help on this?Sherm

Guest Mikey

I'm not exactly sure WHAT you're talking about.. that's the IP address for that particular server.. there are several of them.. and as for Unicom.. (not uniform :-p) you should be using text anyway, because not everyone will be on voice.. Mike

You're right. I meant Unicom, not Uniform...mea culpa. But, my question still remains, even if there are some pilots who do not use RW. For those of us who do, is there a default address for unicom?Sherm

Voice for unicom I believe changes depending on where you are flying. As far as I know the U.S is divided in half with the Eastern server and Western server. There's a map here which you can look at. So depending which side of the country you are on that's what server you should be using. Do people do this? As far as I know most don't and I'm one which doesn't. Anyways there isn't even an Eastern server right now so vitez.net is about it. Whenever I log on I almost always leave the unicom channel. I always announce my intentions over test on 122.8 if there's another aircraft in the area. If not there's no use typing so I'll just fly along as I normally would.Jason

Guest WorkingStiff

As far as I'm aware, the UNICOM frequency is rw.avsim.netEnter that into Squawkbox and it will default to the Unicom frequency every time you log on.