Sign in to follow this  

When online....

I can see other Planes say at an airport and in the air... but the planes are generic promoting a CSL (Common Shapes Libary) Logos on them.... is there a way or is there a download (i missed) where the Logo represent real airlines. I dont even know if it is possible... for I am a newbieThanks in advance, Steve

Hi Steve......and welcome to the wonderful world of online simming.Your question is a little bit tricky to answer but I'll give it a try though I'm not by any means an expert. The way VATSIM or SB handles aircrafts is sending a unique code between the players. On your side SB is looking for that code in the CSL_ICAO.CSV file. And assign it a shape from the CSL library (located in your aircraft folder). If it doesn't find a matching code it will display the default aircraft texture i.e. your own. This means if a lot of people have their own CSL libraries the greater the chance is your SB wont find it in it's own library. Thus substituting it with your own aircraft texture. On a busy airport and with a pretty heavy aircraft texture the frame rate on your computer will drop significantly. The new SB3 that is under developement by Joel DeYoung will be better at taking care of this. You can visit his site on www.squawkbox.ca.On the other hand something called VIP2 has come up that works almost like CSL. Haven't tried it myself. But I think it has the same major draw backs as CSL.So for the time being stick to the original CSL package and wait for the release of Squawkbox3!!Hope I made myself somewhat clear? :(

Thanks for the response.... I noticed a few different Liveries in the Avsim Downloads....ie Air Canada ect... but it looks like I'll have to wait for SB3 Thanks againSteve / American Airlines Virtual

Guest mruane

Taking this point just a little further - from a rank newbie, do online simmers use default scenery? I use a scenery add-on for my local airport which also has static aircraft parked at gates (i.e Wellington New Zealand). When in multiplayer mode, I see the aircraft of other players parked at gates occupied by static aircraft. These players seemed to be taxing to gates in my scenery. How does that happen - unless we are all seeing the same scenery?Is there some form of scenery for use when in multiplayer mode that ensures compatibility across all players. This is really stretching my mind at the moment...Cheers Mike

>Is there some form of scenery for use when in multiplayer >mode that ensures compatibility across all players. This is >really stretching my mind at the moment... >>Cheers Mike No there isn't. Yuo simply hope other person has same scenery or designers have used default stand, twy & rwy positions.For CSL latest on FS2002 check :http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/csl/Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gif

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

>No there isn't. Yuo simply hope other person has same >scenery or designers have used default stand, twy & rwy >positions. That could lead to some interesting controller experiences. Some weeks ago some folks from Air Portugal made a DC3 flight using 1940 airports sceneries and conventional control without any VOR only NDB. All went well until some A320 appearance with a modern scenery. Jos