Sign in to follow this  

Connection Refused

HiI have just tries to log onto the vatsim network (via the ozpack server)& I continually get an error saying the connection was "forcefully rejected" & the error code WSAECONNREFUSED.What have I done?! I haven't come across this problem before & needless to say it is frustrating.CheersPstark:-mad

Hey Ed, Do VATSIM memberships expire after some inactive period? I registered and got ID, etc. but didn't start flying then. Am ready to start now, but VATSIM doesn't seem to recognize me.Dave Hinson

Dave, Ensure you are entering your ID and password correctly. You can retrieve lost passwords at : http://www.vatsim.net/cert.htmlIf you are still having problems, contact membership@vatsim.net for further assistance.Regards,Ed HemsleyVATSIM.net Membership Support

Tbanks, Ed, finally got that one figured out (must have been typing the wrong password, but it was supposedly saved by the computer). But I am having the same problem as above, keep getting the "forcefully rejected", "cannot connect" message. In the SB server connect window, the drop-down list doesn't have the servers listed at the VATSIM site, and when I try to type in the server name, I still get refused. Any hints?Dave Hinson

You said you were trying to connect via the Ozpack server, unfortunatley this server is offline at the moment due to continuing problems with it, It is unkown when it will be reconnected. You should try one of the other servers with a reasonable ping time, In Sydney where I live, off the Optus network, I get best pings from the following 2 servers 209.61.182.205 64.246.28.98

Dave,It sounds like your problem is to do with connecting to OZPACK. As suggested above, try a couple of different servers.Also ensure you have set the appropriate access rights with any software or hardware firewalls you may be using. Ed HemsleyVATSIM.net Membership Support

Thanks Ed, I finally got connected after figuring out the "ipaddr.txt" file. Of course, there were NO CONTROLLERS in the US at the time (can you believe that).Dave Hinson