Sign in to follow this  
Guest goon

Squawk box on a second PC

Guest goon

Hi everyone,Thanks for all your help so far on my induction to VATSIM and squawkbox.I'n trying to get SB to run on a second PC via WideFS. Is this possible? On the search for game bit of starting SB, I can't get it to see the MP session I have started in FS2002.Can anyone post a bit of info to help me get this set up?MAny thanks,Gareth Evans

Hi GarethI run SB, RW and ServInfo in this way and haven't run into any problems at all (other than pressing keys on the wrong keyboard when I'm not concentrating :-)) I also run the ActiveSky wxRE weather program through here 'cos I figure it all helps take the load of the main flying PC.Quite why your SB fails to find the MP session you've started I'm not sure because that's never caused me any hassle. Might I suggest you try running SB on your main flying PC and seeing if it finds your MP session this way? If it does, and wideFS is communicating OK with wideserver, then I'm at a loss to suggest why it won't work from the No 2 PC. All I know is that I'm not the most gifted guy when it comes to setting all this stuff up and it didn't cause me any problems. Also, there's a lot of other guys out there flying this way so,whatever your problem is, it certainly isn't insurmountable.Paul

Guest goon

I managed to get this sorted. I found a thread on another forum that gave some advice on how to get this to work, and it seems that pressing 'no multiplayer' SB is searching for the game works.Regards,Gareth Evans

>I managed to get this sorted. I found a thread on another >forum that gave some advice on how to get this to work, and >it seems that pressing 'no multiplayer' SB is searching for >the game works. >>Regards, >Gareth Evans What ??!!!ImpossibleI configured my WideClient.ini (inside WideFS folder of second PC) like this and it works fine.The IP is the main PC's IP address in the network.; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details; =====================================================[Config]UseTCPIP=YesPort=8002Window=163,21,626,380Visible=YesServerIPAddr=192.168.0.1; -----------------------------------------------[user]Log=Errors+; ===============================================Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gif

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest goon

Well, that's what's happening here. If I give SB the IP address of the machine with FS running on it, or don't give it an IP and let it search, it just searches and searches and searches.....Before I wrote this I tested it a little, and it seems that pressing the 'cancel' button while it's searching has the same effect as the 'no multiplayer' button - I join vatsim without a hitch.I have the 'WIDEFSVER=3' line in the SB .ini file, but as I said, unless I press the 'no multiplayer' or cancel the search it just goes nowhere.Regards,Gareth EvansPS. I had my first voice controlled flight on Vatsim last night, one simple circuit around EGGD and a full stop landing. Absolutley the best thing I have ever done on Flight Sim. Simply incredible!