Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Controller's Available Times

I probably have asked this question befrore on some forum or other, but would it be possible to ask controllers to give some estimate (non-binding, of course) of the time they expect to stop controlling? I have been extremely frustrated most of the times I try to fly on-line after spending a half-hour or more to set up a flight, and then find the controller has left just as I get airborne. I know they have other things to do, and I really appreciate their effort, but I would just like to have an idea of when they are leaving to go do those other things.Dave Hinson

Actually Iv seen this with a few controllers just putting a line in their atis such asXXXX CTR voice room bla blaControlling from 11:00z - 15:30z

That would work great - I wonder how we suggest it to VATSIM and controllers??Dave

For me a dream would be if a controller could state somehow in procontroller at what time and for how long they will be online and a program like Whazzup would take that info and present it on a map. You could then filter out which stations have the intentions of being online at a given moment and then plan your flight according to that.This is probably an impossible idea but if would be nice! :)/krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

...for quite some time now with Servinfo....http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4bde384ba97df6.jpgI see that this controller has been on for a while...just a quick priviate message to him to kindly ask him if he's gonna' be up when I fly into his airspace and viola'...ATC when I get there. :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg