Sign in to follow this  

PIC767 That flies like a cessna

Please Help,When landing at Glasgow last week I was told by atc that i was landing at 98knots.. Pretty dam impossible in a 757 with 20000lbs of fuel in the wings...Anyway pic767 had GS145 in the cockpit as to did FSNav.. So before the Paris flyin i decided to rebuild both my machines to clear the problem.... It didn't.MY setup is One machine with just FS2002 and the other over a network running SB, RW, FSMeteo AIBridge PMTCAS and Servinfo. Everything use to run perfectly, I thought it might have been the latest FSUIPC 2.97, so this evening I downgraded it to 2.95 but I have had the same problem. I have checked all the settings in FS2002 like Indicated Air Speed is selected, but cannot resolve the issue. I am taking part in the Moscow flyin on Sunday and would really like it if I was not overtaken by every other aircraft. Any help would be great.Simon GunnBAW018

Hi SimonI've seen others having problems with their positioning. Could this be related to that? I think that problem had something to do with international settings, decimal delimiter? But I'm not sure here.Also I would check what speed ServInfo is reporting for you. That should be the same speed as the ATC would see. What DirectX are you running? What version of SB?Regards

Hi Mats,I have checked my settings and am using the US Sytem as normal. Servinfo does give out the same reading as atc see, but then Servinfo is based on Vatsim server readings.The only logical reason I can think of is that it has something to do with FSUIPC, as this translates the info from FS2002 to SB.. But I have now tried three versions and cannot get it to work.I am using SB 2.3 and have never had any problems with it before.Thanx

Umm.. ever think of wind sir? ATC, ServInfo, VATSIM data are all run by groundspeed.. while you aren't. So that would probably do it. http://www.dr3w.net/wut.jpgDrew Anderson- drew@dr3w.net

Would mean there was a 50 knot headwind at the airport that night and just about everywhere he tries to land.Not very likely :-)

HiJentwing,that was a helpfull reply.not!!!SimonThe only thing you have`nt mentioned is WideFS.What version are you using?I believe there is a version out there that might glitch the winds with weather programs.Try the newest version of WideFS.Or go back to the original if you have updated.If this fails clear your wx in FS and refresh and see what happens.It kind of sounds like it is`nt releasing you from winds aloft.After reading the docs try to update fsuipc and WideFS to the latest versions.These are both framerate based and should be compatable.Hope this helps

It eliminated a possible cause that was mentioned. In that it was helpful.No go play with your toys.