Sign in to follow this  
Guest PHIL88

Changing Frequencies

Guest PHIL88

Hi All,I have been flying on VATSIM for over a year now, and I guess I have got stuck in the same routine when changing frequencies, is there any other way than listed below ????I normally type .atis EGLL_V_APPand when told to contact TWR on say 121.80, then use Servinfo for information on the controllers id e.g. (EGLL_V_TWR) etc.Can you not simply type the frequency 121.80 in SB ?Would appreciate any help :-zhelpThanksPHIL

YEs .. Type .c 121.9 to change comtype .n 118.2 to change nav1type .x 1200 to squawk 1200 There are other cute little commands but I don't know them all, and sure wish I could find a definative source for them.Recently (but I've not tried this) I heard you could type /MACEY to load MACEY into the FMS. Then you press whatever button you want to use with it (like add waypoint, etc).or maybe its MACEY .. like I said .. I've not tried this one yet.P.S. There are also roger wilco commands .. .rwr and .rws but I forget how they work exactly.

Guest rcritz

Right-click in the SquawkBox window and select "Help". You'll get the definitive list there.

OIC!I tried the help at the top of the window ages ago .. That was of not much utility .. Who'da thunk there was another. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong--but can't you just right click Squawkbox and open the ATC Directory menu and then double-click the facility (ie-ATL_V_TWR, etc.)that you've been handed off too? That's what I've been doing and its been working so far. But--I'm still a relative newbie at VATSIM.AQ

I usually cycle the COM radio (in the panel) on the frequency and after it get the atis by typing ".atis " or by double-clicking its line in ATC Directory. Almost realistic. ;)

There was a little utility that was available some time ago which would read the frequency set in Flightsim's com-1 and then search the "Atc listing" itself and then dial up the atis if the frequency in the com 1 corresponded with one in the atc listing, thus changing the roger wilco room by itself, all by simply changing the frequency in fs the normal way (ie by mouse clicks or C + CC + + + etc) I had a hdd crash and lost it and havn't been able to find it since :(

Guest sb55mv

>Hi All,>>I have been flying on VATSIM for over a year now, and I guess>I have got stuck in the same routine when changing>frequencies, is there any other way than listed below ????>>I normally type .atis EGLL_V_APP>and when told to contact TWR on say 121.80, then use Servinfo>for information on the controllers id e.g. (EGLL_V_TWR) etc.>>Can you not simply type the frequency 121.80 in SB ?>>Would appreciate any help :-zhelp>>Thanks>>PHILPERSONALY I USE SERVINFO, IT'S FANTASTIC, IT'S FREE AND IT ACTUALY works,

Hi guys,besides from the fact that Servinfo is a great tool to monitor the traffic situation and to determine where ATC service is present I would strongly suggest not to use Servinfo to change frequencies while flying. There are several good reasons for this:* You need to switch the active software, causing your flightsimulator to pause or at least to stutter. This happens as well when you switch off "pause on task switch" in MSFS. Trust me, I observed this more than once as a controller.* Servinfo isn

Guest Tim W

I suggest you download the latest version of Servinfo (version 2) from http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/home.htm It contains a little goodie that lets you add a servinfo panel and gauge to any of your panels very simply. AS long as you have Servinfo running you can click on the switch and it brings up the panel showing all the controllers active in your area. You just scroll down the list and click "Join" and you've changed channels. It's simple, idiotproof and can be done instantly with no interruption to flying.As the read me on the website says "There is also a ServInfo gauge provided which you can add to your FS2000/F2002 aircraft panels (an installer is included) and instantly check ATC positions and tune to their RW voice channel and COM1 frequency"RegardsTim

Guest rcritz

Actually, Martin, the ServInfo gauge runs in the panel and doesn't have most of the problems you describe. And it tunes RW just fine...

Guest rcritz

Perhaps, but in my experience that has no practical impact.cz